• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Apple IIGS system (possible Amiga 500 trade?)

JNZ

Experienced Member
Edit: I've found a local machine and picked it up

--------------

I've always liked the look and feel of the Apple IIGS, but the last time I used it was way back in the day in elementary school. Still one day I always thought I'd revisit that system and see what it was capable of, and I think that time has come.

Rather than try to track down all the individual components on fleabay or Craigslist however, I'm wondering if anyone has a complete setup they're looking to part with. Ideally with some of the more common accelerator cards and/or a better hard drive solution (compact flash?), to make transferring games and things easier. I don't have any existing Apple equipment or disks.

I also have an Amiga 500 (PAL I *think*, but I'd have to check) and PSU I don't use, if you'd like to consider a trade as part of the deal. I believe I also have a battered but original Amiga 500 box for it. If there's interest in this aspect I'll take pics and post details.

Last edited:
Happened to see this
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/sys/d/vintage-apple-11gs-computer/6368714614.html
Might not be a bad price if everything is in good shape

It's been deleted now, but if it was the $390 with a bunch of accessories and games (AND original invoice and documentation!) then that's the one I got. I'm learning what I can do with the system now, and I'm actually most excited about the built-in assembler and monitor ROM. I also want to show my niece and nephew it and have them do touch typing and other games.

Back