• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England WTB: Black Bezel 5 1/4” Floppy Drive

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

gatewayrepairs1985

Experienced Member
Hi all,

Simply looking for a black bezeled 5 1/4” drive for a PC project I’m doing. Located in New England. Don’t feel like paying the ridiculous $190 eBay prices for one. If you have any spares you’re willing to sell, let me know! Thanks so much!

-bostonvintage1993

Hopefully someone else can help. The only spare 1.2's I have are white/beige.

I considered painting one recently. You'd have to remove the bail arm, but there's a round plastic "sticker" in the hole which covers the screw. Does anyone know how to safely remove those? The only other time I attempted, I completely destroyed that round plastic piece.

JU-475 was available in black. I have also painted a few that still look good after 10 years. You can remove the faceplate and arm together.

Back