• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: compaticard or other IMD compatible floppy controller

kyeakel

Experienced Member
I'm looking for a floppy controller that would be supported by dunfield's IMD disk imaging program. I think it needs to have a NEC 765 chip on it. I'd also like a compaticard iv. PM me if you have one to sell.
Thanks,
Kipp

No, IMD works with just about any legacy PC controller. Some controllers can't do single density, but that's it. Other than the real oddball systems, such as the Sanyo MBC-550, all PCs with a legacy floppy interface are based on the NEC µPD765A/Intel 8272 floppy controller. The CCIV uses a National PC8477 controller, for example.

If you're having trouble with IMD, make sure that the access is under DOS not Windows!

I'm using a 386dx running dos 5.0. The controllers I have are goldstar chips or winchips neither will write the televideo disks I'm trying to write. I have a IBM pc xt, that I haven't tried yet, but I want something that I can use to make many types of disks. RX50 DEC disks, Kaypro 2, televideo 803, heathkit h89, and some 8" cpm formats.
Kipp

Find a SCSI card with floppy support; Adaptec, Future Domain, Ultrastor, DTC, all had floppy controllers based on the National DP8473, which is one of the best floppy controllers out there--it will do things that even the CC IV can't.

That being said, TVI floppy formats are pretty tame--double-density with no funny stuff. Exactly what's your setup with IMD and what options are you selecting--and most important, what TVI system do you have?

Back