• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: EPROM Eraser

Speaking of which... What IS the best way to remove those labels and associated gunk?

I tend to use a little water and rub my finger over it until it comes off, then a quick wipe with a soft cloth.
Has worked for me. I've also found if you have spare 5.25" floppy write protect stickers lying around, they do well as window covers after writing.

I wet the labels with paint thinner (the kind you buy for a few bucks by the gallon at your local big box store), let them sit for a few hours and the labels generally slide right off. Doesn't bother plastic, if that matters.

In my experience with EPROMs you can leave them alone, without labels. I never saw an EPROM erased just because it had no label. If you are curious, try to erase an EPROM with any kind of light, (except UV lamp). You can leave a EPROM alone under the sun for several days without any bit erased.

In my experience with EPROMs you can leave them alone, without labels. I never saw an EPROM erased just because it had no label. If you are curious, try to erase an EPROM with any kind of light, (except UV lamp). You can leave a EPROM alone under the sun for several days without any bit erased.

Yeah I just do it so I can be sure, and for long term use (especially where it wont always be in a case).

Back