• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Fatal Encounter - fighting game for IBM-PC (DOS), 1993, released in Australia

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
Hello.

Fatal Encounter, released in Australia in 1993, is a DOS fighting game.
It is the official English version of Super Fighter, complete with English box and manual.

It would seem this game is quite rare. I know for certain it was released, as I am in contact with the game's producer who confirmed this. As well, an Australian who had bought the game for his son was kind enough to send me a copy of the game data, with copy protection intact. Unfortunately, he had discarded the box and instructions years prior. :shocked:

I am the current IP holder of Super Fighter / Fatal Encounter, and this game means a lot to me since childhood. It's very important to me that I'm one day able to own an original copy of the Australian release. To this end I will pay a fair price for a complete copy. Please get in touch if you can help.

Thanks!

Hello, all. I'm still very much wishing to own a copy of this product.
Please get in touch if you can help, thanks!

Wow, looks like you have been searching for a while.

I'm in Australia so will keep a lookout for you when I venture to markets and charity (thrift) stores. Bare in mind that I can't recall the last saw time I saw a boxed DOS game for sale during my 'bargain hunts'!

Any help is appreciated, thanks. I'll gladly pay a very fair fee in exchange for the game.

Still looking for this. Please get in touch if you can help, I can guarantee a very fair price.

Huh. I thought I'd explained things clearly enough. But, considering this is your second time inquiring for clarification, I apparently failed. 😔

Let me try and break it all down as basic as I can...

Super Fighter - released in Taiwan. Game, box, manual in Chinese. I have this version, complete.
Street Counter - released in South Korea. Game in English, box and manual in Korean. Different product artwork and design, several minor changes to story elements. I have this version, complete.
Fatal Encounter - released in Australia. Game in English, box and manual in English. Different product artwork and design. << I am looking to buy this version.

The most important reason for my wanting Fatal Encounter is that the product artwork and design are different than the Chinese and Korean versions. There may also be some changes to the story, in the English text. I won't know for sure until I have it, or see scans of it.

I truly hope this explanation finally clears things up.

I've been keeping a lookout but haven't come across it yet, but I did find a review for it (from MegaZone 31 on archive.org):

Attachments

• Fatal Encounter Review.jpg
    Fatal Encounter Review.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
I've been keeping a lookout but haven't come across it yet, but I did find a review for it (from MegaZone 31 on archive.org):

Holy schnikes! 😲 I've never seen that review before. Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.
Really appreciate your keeping an eye out for the game.

Back