• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South WTB: (FL) Trs-80 Model III 48k dual disk version. Local pickup preferable

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.
I have a very nice 48K dual-drive Model III here. Haven't powered it on for at least a decade, but it ran just fine last I used it. However, I am in Minnesota.. so probably not your first choice.

First off how much are you asking for it? It can be shipped but just use a lot of bubble wrap or use the UPS store to ship.
UPS Store? Surely you must be kidding.. my experiences with them have been truly abysmal.

I know how to get a delicate old machine past the gorillas. No problem.

I'll have to get it out and make sure it's working. I don't have any disks for it, afaik, so testing the drives may be difficult.

Contact me via email and we can pick it up there.

DO NOT EVER HAVE THE UPS STORE PACK YOUR STUFF! NOT EVEN OLD CHRISTMAS SWEATERS!

Thats just bad advice. Unless you want it broken in many pieces that is.

I mentioned the UPS store cause the one near me I have sent a Model iii and 4 a few years back. And they both arrived safely. Just saying I had good luck with them in the past. Today I don't know! Will contact you next week sometime Wim. going to Colorado tomorrow and will be gone till next Wednesday also Wim please repost email.

Last edited:
I have a very nice 48K dual-drive Model III here. Haven't powered it on for at least a decade, but it ran just fine last I used it. However, I am in Minnesota.. so probably not your first choice.
Wim Walther: I just now saw this, more than 4 months later. Do you still have that TRS-80? I live just about 20 minutes from Saint Paul. I would PM you, but I haven't hit the 10 posts yet, where I can do such things. I think you can PM me though, I think.

Back