• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Floppy drive for/and palmtop?

Floppies_only

Veteran Member
Hi,

Does anybody know of a palmtop computer (think Zeos or IBM Z50) that can save data to a floppy disk drive? I'd like to have a large pocket sewn into the inside of my safari jackets and carry a palmtop around with me, making entries as I get book ideas. Then I'd like to be able to store these ideas on floppy disks and be able to sneakernet them.

Does anybody have one that they no longer need? PM me or email to seanthomaskelly@hotmail.com, please.

Thanks,
Sean

One company made a serial-port floppy drive that was meant for the HP 95LX palmtop, but also released versions with serial cables for the later 100LX+ and even the HP 48 graphing calculator. The drive was made by Sparcom, and called the Drive-95.

The drive was a simple serial device, and operated as a Kermit server, so any palmtop with a serial port and a Kermit client should be able to use it.

I had one many years ago, but sold it with my 200LX.

Hi,

Does anybody know of a palmtop computer (think Zeos or IBM Z50) that can save data to a floppy disk drive?...

I don't think the IBM Z50 (running Windows CE out of ROM) is small enough to be a palm top, and furthermore doesn't have a floppy option (but can do CF cards). But the IBM PC110 (it even says "Palm Top" on the system, and also can do CF & some PCMCIA cards) does have a floppy option (which I also have). Nope, sorry, I'm keeping mine (running Windows 95) for quite a bit longer.

Back