• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest WTB: IBM PS/ValuePoint Keyboard

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

WimWalther

Experienced Member
First PC I ever owned was an IBM PS/ValuePoint 4/33 with one of those "5x86" 133MHz hop-up chips installed. It was a pretty middling piece of gear, but it did have a really nice click-clack IBM PS/2 keyboard that shipped with it.

I goofed up bad.. accidentally ruined the KB and have been sore about it ever since. Anybody have one they can let go? I'm up in MN, USA but shipping shouldn't be too bad if you're in the US too. Thanks!

All of the PS/ValuePoints I've ever seen came with a standard IBM/Lexmark Model M keyboard.
39jqq7bbwmt71.jpg

Not mine, AFAIK. Now that you mention, it was marked "Model M" on the rear, but it wasn't like the one in your photo. It was much more the size of a later standard keyboard as opposed to the huge, heavy metal type usually associated with that model.

I wonder if some came with the Model M2 that some PS/1 came with.
YES! That's exactly what I had.. it was an M2. I knew it wasn't just a "Model M", but couldn't recall the "M2" bit.

Good call, jafir. Now the thing is, I don't really know which KB shipped with my PS/VP as it was a second-hand purchase off Craigslist. It did include one of those very nice 13" SVGA monitors, but not the original mouse.. so it could have been a hodgepodge system. IIRC, I gave $150 for all of it. Only had 16MB of RAM so I bought 16MB more (pricewatch.com) and discovered Presence Detection.

Anyway, I want another one =)

Back