• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB or WTT for 486 baby AT motherboard.

ibmapc

Veteran Member
As the title says, I'd like to buy or trade for a decent 486 Baby AT motherboard. Doesn't need to be to fancy. I'm somewhat interested in this one due to the location of the 16bit slots and the memory slots and the onboard IDE and Floppy connectors, but I don't really need the PCI slots. I seem to remember reading that PCI slots on 486 boards were some what problematic anyway.

I have lot's of vintage parts and such to trade. Let me know what you are looking for or name a price or both!

Thanks

Greg

I have a few that i have been meaning to put up for sale here. I can snap some pictures and post details if you like. they include RAM and CPUs (DX4-100 and overdrive chips IIRC). They are all late model 486 boards, so they are reasonably feature full, and I believe they are all well known/documented boards.

Let me get some more details from them, and snap some images to post tomorrow night (I am not home tonight).

Thanks Lutiana, I look forward to seeing what you have! Of coarse others are welcome to chime in as well!

Best Regards,

Greg

Here are the boards I have:

Make/ModelImage LinkInfoOther LinksNotes
BioStar MB-8433UUD-AImagesBoard Info and SettingsSocketed Dallas RTC, probably dead. Has place for coin cell holder to soldered on.
AT Keyboard with PS/2 mouse ports
Everex FX-3000 Rev 1 / ECS US 3486ImagesBoard Info and SettingsMotherboard Manual (I think)Supports both 386 and 486 Processors
No onboard battery (has 4 pin header for external battery)
Genoa TURBOEXPRESS 486VLImagesBoard Info and SettingsThe arm that hold the CPU down is not quite aligned, but it hold it in place without issue.
3.6V Barrel battery shows no signs of leaking, and is holding strong at 3.6V when measured (hence it not being removed).
Soyo 4SAW2ImagesBoard Info and settingsDrivers/BIOS/ManualsMinor corrosion from where I removed the battery. Board works 100% though.
There is a 4 pin header for an external battery. Corrosion will probably clean up just fine (I did not try).
PS/2 Keyboard Connector, and PS/2 Mouse header.
Supports a very large number of 486 based processors.

All these boards were tested as working by me before being stored, and I will re-test before accepting money from a potential buyer.

Let me know if you are interested in any. Shoot me a PM with an offer and we can go from there.

Back