• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Plastic storage box for 8 inch floppy disks

smp

Veteran Member
I had one at one time, but cannot find it.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a plastic storage box for 8 inch floppy disks?

TIA!

smp

If only you could take some of the empty space out of their atoms and shrink them to 5¼" size... :) I have several of that size.

Do you have a Container Store® near you?

If not, Sterilite probably makes something close enough. Wal-Mart generally carries a good selection of those.

Ya', but $50 shipped is kinda dear.

I've got a 5¼" and a 3½" case, both of which are more than twice as large as that 8" case, that I'd ship anywhere domestically for $35.

Check with the military. I read where they are getting rid of the nuclear launch systems that still use 8" disks

I had one of the flip-top ones (still have them for 5.25"), but got rid of it after it slammed down a couple of times on my fingers. Darned thing was dangerous. I keep my 8" disks in a special filing cabinet that I made for them. If you're handy with woodworking, you might consider doing that yourself.

I might have one for you but would need to be shipped from the Netherlands (would be around 25 euro's shipping, paypal gift payment, regular paypal would be more because of fees).

Oh, I thought that you were looking for the big ones that held up to 50. I've got a couple of the ones you show, I think.

But not these: Big flip-top case

I also have a few blue 5.25" cases with the "Drivetec" legend. Should hold about 5 floppies.

Anyone remember Drivetec?

Holy simoleons, Batman--$20 for a case that used to be given away with disks for free?

I must be sitting on a goldmine.

Perhaps so.
When you don't have something and you spend a significant time looking for it, when it comes available, you go for it.
While I posted this topic back in October, that was only after looking since April.
I have 8 inch floppy disks that I use, and I want to be protected while in storage. This box will do the trick for me.

smp

Back