• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WTB: slot 1 motherboard

oblivion

Veteran Member
looking for a slot 1 motherboard with very specific specs. it needs to have 1 AGP, 5 PCI and 2 ISA slots. as well as support for 500mhz Pentium III

this is for a specific project I'm building. Ive been through 2 boards already that Ive found locally at thrifts. the first board had a dead ps/2 port. the second board I truly believe is possessed by a demon. yesterday I saw a PC that had a board type I needed in it but as I was considering it some random guy came by and seriously bought every PC there. it was 15+ machines so hes probably a hardcore reseller/scrapper. my bad for hesitating i guess.

I've got a Pentium III SL365 500MHZ SLOT 1 512KB CACHE w/heat sink & fan if you're interested in it. But I guess you've already got that. :)

100mhz fsb is fine but i'll take either as long as it has the correct number of expansion slots. lmk if you dig anything up.

thanks for the offer stone but yhea, I already have the CPU...unless its got one of those cool looking duel fans on it.

Yhea, actually 1 isa, 5 pci and 1 agp would also work i guess since all I plan on putting in the ISA is the sound card. but all the larger slot 1 board i've come across with 5 pci also have 2 isa.

why the specific slot count anyways?

its an ambitious build

AGP = matrox G250
ISA = awe64 gold
5xPCI = 2 x voodoo 2 sli, Matrox m3d powervr, scsi controller, mpeg decoader card

I know I could do without the mpeg card since 500mhz is more then enough to do DVD stuff in software but just humor me.

I've grown to hate those boards with large electrolytics. Wanna see my stack of boards that need recapping? :) Lots of my favorites in that stack!

I have a slot 1 that has 1 AGP and 6 pci that I can sell you - asus p3b-f. Funny, it has the holes to have one of the pci slots switched out for a 16-bit ISA slot. I guess some configurations of that board had the ISA slot.

I also have what you are looking for (asus p2b-f), but like you, I have one system that has this configuration and i'm not parting with it. ;)

I use a 16-bit sound blaster card, AGP, and a 3DFX card.

This is what you are after: http://www.morepc.ru/motherboard/asus/p2bf.html

A lot of 440BX boards would work. I have three, I think. I loose and two in complete PCs.
motherboard.jpg

If you want it let me know and I'll plug it up and see if it still works. Shouldn't take much time, the processor and ram are already on it.

ha, the board i'm using now is the + version of that abit board in the ebay link. the one thats possesed. the floppy drive on it randomly works. the 5 1/2 floppy drive will not be detected as long as a zip drive is connected. when i disconnect the zip drive the CD drive (on a completly seperate IDE controller) stops working....just a slew of odd issues. oh, if I try to use a LS-120 drive the system crashes.

anyways i for to mention the board also needs to support the standard 2 floppy drives. I had a slot 1 board in the past that only had BIOS support for 1 drive. Gotta, that board looks like it should work as long as it supports 2 floppy drives. let me know.

Have an ASUS 440BX P2B-S it has 1 agp 4 pci and 2 isa. 1 PCI is used for the onboard SCSI. That's why there are only 4. I think it has the Tualatin microcode update as well. Although it will only run them at 100Mhz Bus speed. Be advised this is a big board so hopefully you have a big case! Also have an Intel Seattle 440BX with 1 AGP, 5 PCI and 2 ISA. Will only support 1 floppy which is odd. If interested let me know. They both worked when last tested

P2b-s look like this:::http://www.amazon.com/MB-ASUS-P2B-S-REV-1-04-440BX/dp/B00B86XMPA

Last edited:
Have an ASUS 440BX P2B-S it has 1 agp 4 pci and 2 isa. 1 PCI is used for the onboard SCSI. That's why there are only 4. I think it has the Tualatin microcode update as well. Although it will only run them at 100Mhz Bus speed. Be advised this is a big board so hopefully you have a big case! Also have an Intel Seattle 440BX with 1 AGP, 5 PCI and 2 ISA. Will only support 1 floppy which is odd. If interested let me know. They both worked when last tested

P2b-s look like this:::http://www.amazon.com/MB-ASUS-P2B-S-REV-1-04-440BX/dp/B00B86XMPA

That board with the built in SCSI is interesting. it seems very convenient. I guess the downside is if it dies its not just a matter of swapping cards but then its also less internal clutter

"when i disconnect the zip drive the CD drive (on a completly seperate IDE controller) stops working"
I've got a Gateway PII 233 that does that. I had to put the CD-ROM drive on the same cable as the hard drive. Otherwise the CD-ROM doesn't even show up in the bios. I'll see if the 440BX supports two floppy drives when I get a chance to look at the manual. I know the 440BX system I keep around to play Quake will only support one floppy, this one may be similar.

Hi Oblivion, I'm a new member to the site and might have a main board for you. It has a Slot 1 550/512/100/2.0V SL3F7 processor already in it. See pics: Slot1 proccessor.jpgDSCF1129.jpg

Back