• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WTB: slot 1 motherboard

That board with the built in SCSI is interesting. it seems very convenient. I guess the downside is if it dies its not just a matter of swapping cards but then its also less internal clutter
It's a standard Adaptec 2940AU type controller if it dies you can use a regular PCI bus controller. Which I also have.

Forgot to mention I also have a ASUS P2B-DS a dual slot 1 with the same onboard SCSI. I have ran dual PIII's 1Ghz in it and it is really fast. Missing the supports for the processors though. Also has Tualatin microcode updates. Can even provide matched pair of PIII 600's to it! Don't have the 1GHz CPU's anymore
sold them a while back.

Hi Oblivion, I'm a new member to the site and might have a main board for you. It has a Slot 1 550/512/100/2.0V SL3F7 processor already in it. See pics: View attachment 19974View attachment 19975

I'm not acually sure if that board will give me enough room since the last slot is shared. whats that extra power connector I see?

It's a standard Adaptec 2940AU type controller if it dies you can use a regular PCI bus controller. Which I also have.

Forgot to mention I also have a ASUS P2B-DS a dual slot 1 with the same onboard SCSI. I have ran dual PIII's 1Ghz in it and it is really fast. Missing the supports for the processors though. Also has Tualatin microcode updates. Can even provide matched pair of PIII 600's to it! Don't have the 1GHz CPU's anymore
sold them a while back.

I have a CPU, its kind of a period project so I'm going to be running a 500mhz p3 or a 450mhz p2. its going to be Win 9x so any duel processing will be wasted on it.

Some pics of the P2B-S itself & BIOS screen and boot up screen.

Attachments

• 100_1494.jpg
    100_1494.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1496.jpg
    100_1496.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1497.jpg
    100_1497.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like someone is building a box to run the DVD versions of Wing Commander or Overseer, assuming your MPEG decoder is an Sigma Designs Reelmagic.

ah ha, you saw that. that's part of it yes. I have a creative card, the Dxr2 which I was told is basically the same and should work. I know there's patches out there that let you play without but then that's no fun, Id just DOSbox everything if I felt that way.

No need to apologize to me; that Reelmagic card was one of the coolest things I put in my system back in the early 2000s. The hardware decoding quality was so much better than software that I continued to put that board into much faster computers, until I no longer used a VGA (DB15) monitor.

Depends on the FSB. P3 133 1000 shouldn't be hard to find. It's harder to find the P3 100 1000 ones through.

You can also look around for a slocket and run a Socket 370 CPU.

That's true. Not nearly cool imo as a real slot 1. Anyone have a 100fsb 800mhz slot 1 for sale so I dont have to import one from the other side of the planet?

Back