• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Super Socket 7 Motherboard

dank0

Hi,
I would like to get Super Socket 7 Motherboard with minimum 3 ISA slots.
thank you,
-Daniel

I've got a few socket 7 boards, not sure what exactly "Super" socket 7 means???...
Do you need: SDRAM support?, AGP?, 83/100mhz Bus?, 1MB cache?

I have a nice super 7 board. Supports everything up to a AMD k6-III+. I can get you more details when I get home if your interested.

Last edited:
I've got a few socket 7 boards, not sure what exactly "Super" socket 7 means???...
Do you need: SDRAM support?, AGP?, 83/100mhz Bus?, 1MB cache?

No, the SS7 supports the faster 100MHz FSB AMD and Cyrix and IDT CPUs. I have a couple running 450 MHz AMD K6-2 CPUs--running at 120MHz FSB yet.

Would you be interested in something like what I have here?

mbtop.jpgMBandplate.jpg

EDIT: Not sure mine's a Super 7, but according to the silkscreened jumper guide on the board you can set it for up to a 300MHz CPU.

The main problem with boards like this is they're full of electrolytics and sooner or later they seem to rear their ugly heads. I've got a pile of these boards, some of which are (were) among my favorites and few, if any are still working.

Oh, I already re-capped my board. It was working, but a little unstable when I got it. Seemed to be doing fine after I replaced the electrolytics.

my board is a EPOX EP-MVP3G2. unfortunately it only has 2 ISA slots but it has AGP, 100mhz bus option, 1MB L2 cache, supports SDRAM. it has the latest BIOS and will run a k6-III+ 450mhz. I ran it with a k6-III+ OC to 550mhz stable for awhile.

Just got on this forum. Trying to find out what system I have.
It has a AT type motherboard, TX Pro-II with 3 ISA sockets. It boots to bios. It takes strange power supply, connectors to motherboard not at all like todays 20 or 24 pin.
I will be trashing out motherboard with all its boards and cables and the power supply.
Interested, any more things I should look at like what cpu it has?

$_57a.jpg $_57b.jpg $_57c.jpg $_57d.jpg

Last edited:
TX Pro-II is PC Chips rebranding of the SiS 5598 chipset. Sis 5598 was a solid third party low end chipset. PC Chips had a well deserved for being cheap to the point of fraudulent like this relabeling chipsets as Pro versions of much more expensive Intel chipsets.

Check the CPU type; TX Pro supported some of the more unusual Pentium competitors like IDT's WinChip.

For the motherboard, some TX Pro-II systems had an external bracket designed to handle PS/2 and USB ports. That bracket may be worth more than the entire motherboard. They are scarce,

The power supply connector is probably the old AT style. Providing a picture would confirm that.

TX Pro-II is PC Chips rebranding of the SiS 5598 chipset. Sis 5598 was a solid third party low end chipset. PC Chips had a well deserved for being cheap to the point of fraudulent like this relabeling chipsets as Pro versions of much more expensive Intel chipsets.

Check the CPU type; TX Pro supported some of the more unusual Pentium competitors like IDT's WinChip.

For the motherboard, some TX Pro-II systems had an external bracket designed to handle PS/2 and USB ports. That bracket may be worth more than the entire motherboard. They are scarce,

The power supply connector is probably the old AT style. Providing a picture would confirm that.

It has a board for a phone modem, a bracket for, a vga monitor, a snd and joystick, a printer, serial and reverse of a printer.
CPU has
Cyrix
MII
M II 333GP
83MHz Bus 3x
fan/heatsink required

Back