• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest WTB TRS-80 Model 100 Stuff

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

jwse30

Experienced Member
For some reason I am addicted to these little machines. If you have any software, books, magazines, or to a lesser extent, hardware that’s taking up space, let me know.

Shipping would be to Portage, Indiana, 46368, or I can pick up in the Chicagoland area. I can pay with Paypal or a postal money order.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Reactions: ACK
Shameless bump. I am surprised there aren’t rules about bumping in the pinned message.

Lol, I happen to have. Model 100, just don’t know what to do with it. It powers on and works, but I should really take it appart and remove the battery (circuit board one, not the AA batteries; they’re new).

Hi,

Here's a Tandy Model 100 program I wrote back in the late 1987 for Bay Alarm Co. in Oakland, CA. This was the worlds first Digital Fire Re-Transmission System that connected to over 100-year old Gamewell equipment to maintain the legal requirements, but finally made the Gamewell obsolete.

https://www.brainless.org/MultiMedia/Documents/GamewellFireRetransmissionProgram1987byWaltPerko.doc

Sometimes I wish I had a Tandy Model 100 just to fire up the program and play with it, but I cannot justify the expense on my meager pension.

Hi,

Here's a Tandy Model 100 program I wrote back in the late 1987 for Bay Alarm Co. in Oakland, CA. This was the worlds first Digital Fire Re-Transmission System that connected to over 100-year old Gamewell equipment to maintain the legal requirements, but finally made the Gamewell obsolete.

https://www.brainless.org/MultiMedia/Documents/GamewellFireRetransmissionProgram1987byWaltPerko.doc

Sometimes I wish I had a Tandy Model 100 just to fire up the program and play with it, but I cannot justify the expense on my meager pension.
Thanks for sharing your impressive work with us. Your documentation throughout the program is impressive as this program must be. I have several Model 100s and NECs in my possession - collecting dust. All but one need a good home. I will look them all over soon. After I do and if you are still interested - I will mail you one of them free of all charges. Just let me know. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Shameless bump. I am surprised there aren’t rules about bumping in the pinned message.
Hello. After I look over my Model 100s and NECs - I would like to send you one of them free of charge. I can send you books for them as well as a power adapter. They all but one need a good home. Since you like these units, it would be my pleasure. Thanks and have a great day.

Hi,

My address is:

Walt Perko
4652 N. Rainbow Blvd. Apt. 320
Las Vegas, NV. 89108

Yeah, it really would be nice to play with the old Model 100 again. I don't remember all the I/O on the machine, but IF I can, I'll write some new programs to control robotic systems. I've been doing the same for the Altair-Duino Pro computer:

Thanks for the address and those are neat ways to use the Altair-dunio Pro. Will look at them tomorrow and let you know when I put it in the mail. I will send you some of the books I have with it as well if you like. Just let me know.

Thanks for the address and those are neat ways to use the Altair-dunio Pro. Will look at them tomorrow and let you know when I put it in the mail. I will send you some of the books I have with it as well if you like. Just let me know.
Hi,

Yeah, books don't hurt too much. Thanks!

Hi,

BTW, because the computer has a serial port, it can be used to control a few different types of motor controller boards. I'm going to have to write a program to have it do a similar demo as my video with the Altair-Duino Pro.

The parallel port can probably be used for robotics control too ... I'll have to see how complete the parallel port is.

That will be very interesting to see in action. Planning to send it out this weekend at the latest. Looking forward to seeing what you can make it do.

Hi,

BTW, because the computer has a serial port, it can be used to control a few different types of motor controller boards. I'm going to have to write a program to have it do a similar demo as my video with the Altair-Duino Pro.

The parallel port can probably be used for robotics control too ... I'll have to see how complete the parallel port is.

That will be very interesting to see in action. Planning to send it out this weekend at the latest. Looking forward to seeing what you can make it do.
Sending it by UPS - dropped it off there today. It should arrive by Wednesday, roundabouts. Sorry For The Delay and Have A Great Day.

Hi, Cool! Thanks! I can hardly wait. I typed in that old program too ... but I probably have some typo's to fix. It would be neat to test to another Model 100, but I don't have a modem and would need one that connects via the RJ11 cable. No more vintage phones for the acoustic couplers.

Hi,

Got the computer today ... added some batteries, plugged it IN and up came the machine. Now I have to play with it a little to re-familiarize myself with the computer, then I can test it sending serial data to various devices.

BTW, we should email direct ... visit my website: R2Pv1.com and that's the easiest way to connect via email.

Cool 😎 Hope everything works - I didn't test it as through as you will. Also - I never replaced the internal battery soldered onto the motherboard, so you might want to open it up and check that. Happy Vintage Computing.

Back