• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB working DOS PC 486-pentium-whatever just that it works with isa/pci slots

TravisHuckins

Experienced Member
I'm getting fed up with trying to get this Gateway of mine working again. I just want to play some old games. Does not need to have a soundcard, it can be a bare system as long as it posts. If you got anything you want to get rid of, I'll pay shipping rather than it getting recycled. I can trade for my Gateway case if anyone is interested as well. I just want this mess out of my life and back to doing what got me into vintage computers, these amazing video games!

I've got some Pentium stuff I plan on getting rid of soon. If interested I can pull some out and let you know.

Ok, so far this is the only one I've got some pictures of -

It's a Tiger GT 200 with an AMD K6 (200MHz)
IMG_20171008_124137187.jpg

IMG_20171008_124157523.jpg

It's got a FIC VA-502 Socket 7 board, along with an S3 Trio VGA card and a sound/modem card (plus a few expansion slot ports, PS/2/USB/).

IMG_20171008_124317177.jpg

IMG_20171008_124417181.jpg

Doesn't have a hard drive, but overall it's a pretty decent machine. I fully restored it a while ago so I'd really like to get maybe 20$ including shipping.

I can take more pictures if interested, otherwise, I'll let you know what other machines I've got.

Oh yeah... I can do $20 plus shipping. I'll probably get paid on Wednesday so I'll pay then. You are only one state away from me so shipping shouldn't be much. I don't need the usb so I'll probably just remove that. And for the sound/modem card I'm going to use a Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 and an Etherlink card so I don't need that either but I'll take them anyway for backups just in case.

Oh, and does it support 2 floppy drives? I'm guessing it does if it has multiple 3.5 bays. I'd like to put in a 5.25 drive though. I've got a few games on those.

Please take the negotiations to the Private Message system ...

I wouldn't take out the USB. I use it with a USB CF/SD/etc. reader to transfer things I download on my Windows 10 machine. I rely on the up-to-date antivirus software on the Win10 machine to protect my vintage machines.

Definitely... USB on a DOS machine is great for transferring stuff to and from modern machines. I use a flash drive to do that with my tweener running DOS.

I don't know what the limit is but I'm using a 32GB flash drive in my tweener now with DOS 7 which supports FAT32 partitions.

If you're using DOS 6.22 or anything similar you're gonna need a flash drive with a FAT16 partition and the only one I have like that is a 1GB. Even my 2GB flash drive is FAT32. Of course you could make a 2GB drive with a FAT16 partition but with DOS 7 you can use the FAT32 option and IIRC that goes up to 32GB.

Back