• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTS - 8" Siemens DS/DD FDDs, floppies, cleaning disks and Dysan 360/2A alignment disk

asmpgm

WTS - 8" Siemens DS/DD FDDs, floppies, cleaning disks and Dysan 360/2A alignment disk

Now that the (extremely) long overdue task of reconnecting my 8" drives and recovering my source and data archives is finally done, it's time to sell my 8" gear.

The drives are a pair of Siemens FDD 200-8P's mounted in a steel and aluminum enclosure with a linear power supply. Purchased new in 1979, they were lightly used until 1984. They were reconnected a few of weeks ago and have been back in use since then. There are also a hundred+ floppies, a cleaning kit, and the alignment disk.

I am posting here because I would really like to find a good home for all of this.
There are no prices listed because I have no idea what this is reasonably worth.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Long Island, NY pickup or ship within the USA.

For anyone interested, more details, photos and a 'proof-of-life' video can be found here: https://files.secureserver.net/0fe7Ja5wc3WXpW
The password needed to access the folder is: Vintage
(Right click on a file for download or quick-view.)

I'm interested. Send me a message with the price you have in mind. Do you have the disk controller card for these? I assume they were used in an S-100 system, correct?

Now that the (extremely) long overdue task of reconnecting my 8" drives and recovering my source and data archives is finally done, it's time to sell my 8" gear.

The drives are a pair of Siemens FDD 200-8P's mounted in a steel and aluminum enclosure with a linear power supply. Purchased new in 1979, they were lightly used until 1984. They were reconnected a few of weeks ago and have been back in use since then. There are also a hundred+ floppies, a cleaning kit, and the alignment disk.

I am posting here because I would really like to find a good home for all of this.
There are no prices listed because I have no idea what this is reasonably worth.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Long Island, NY pickup or ship within the USA.

For anyone interested, more details, photos and a 'proof-of-life' video can be found here: https://files.secureserver.net/0fe7Ja5wc3WXpW
The password needed to access the folder is: Vintage
(Right click on a file for download or quick-view.)

Back