• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-CF-Lite v4 Problem

TomL_12953

Experienced Member
I'm using an XT-CF-Lite v4 on an original IBM PC (5150). I discovered that running IBM BASICA would cause a total disruption of access to the CF card until a reboot.
I then flashed the card with the latest BIOS and now the CF card isn't detected at all! I use the Auto adjust settings and all parameters look reasonable.

Can anyone help? I've tried all the settings I can think of!

In possibly unrelated news....I notice a silk-screened marking for R5, a 10k resistor, that has no resistor soldered in. Is that an optional part? The board seemed to work fine before I reflashed (other than the BASICA problem, of course).

Tom L

I'm using an XT-CF-Lite v4 on an original IBM PC (5150). I discovered that running IBM BASICA would cause a total disruption of access to the CF card until a reboot.
This happens because the XTIDE Universal BIOS is set to use "Lite mode". You can change it to use "Full mode" instead. See the manual for more info.

I then flashed the card with the latest BIOS and now the CF card isn't detected at all! I use the Auto adjust settings and all parameters look reasonable.
That's a bug in the beta3 available for download on Google, which, by the way, isn't the latest version. The latest version is available somewhere at http://www.lo-tech.co.uk but I can't give you a direct link as it seems to be down currently.

Hi Tom. I thought this query was closed already - sorry about that. The site should be back up now :)

This happens because the XTIDE Universal BIOS is set to use "Lite mode". You can change it to use "Full mode" instead. See the manual for more info.

Thanks. That much I knew. That's why I was trying to reflash the BIOS.

That's a bug in the beta3 available for download on Google, which, by the way, isn't the latest version. The latest version is available somewhere at http://www.lo-tech.co.uk but I can't give you a direct link as it seems to be down currently.

I don't see a download area there but I'll keep looking. I'm currently trying to use 2.0 B3.

Tom L

Linux system update broke it... now sorted.

Last edited:

It's up again but I must be thick. The only link I could find there brought me right back to Google Code where the latest version is 2.0 B3 (the one I already have).

Sounds like a hardware problem. Make sure the RAM is OK and/or try another CF card?

Problem: I can not copy or write to my CF card with my new bought XT-CF-Lite v4 . CF is fdisked and installed on a Glitch XTIDE: no problem. I tried 4 days to make the CF card work. I flashed 5 versions of the BIOS, and made sure all addresses are correct and tried out. The CF card boots in the XT-CF-Lite v4 , and i can read the DOS directory. BUT I CAN NOT WRITE TO IT. I guess one of the components on the XT-CF-Lite v4 is out. Could it be th EEPROM? Tx for any input. Joseph.

To be complete: the Glitch card and a 16 GB CF, 2 GB partitioned, DOS 4.1 works flawless in my IBM 5150 and 5155. The XT-CF-Lite v4 card can boot with this CF card, and I can read the directory, but I can not copy or delete files to this directory. I can not fdisk the CF via the Lite card. The cursor just hangs. HELP.

Back