• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT Drive problem

patscc

Veteran Member
I'm having troubles with an XT drive. I was hoping some could point me in the direction of a schematic for the bugger.
Images are label, top of drive board, bottom of drive board.

Thanks !

patscc

Label.png

PCB_Top.png

PCB_Bot.jpg

Is this the only floppy drive on the cable? If so, that empty socket you see on the board should have a resistor pack in it.

The drive at the end of the cable should have it, the one in the middle of the cable should not.

RJ

Drive

Drive

channelmaniac said...Is this the only floppy drive on the cable? If so, that empty socket you see on the board should have a resistor pack in it.
The drive at the end of the cable should have it, the one in the middle of the cable should not.
Thanks for the tip. The issue is a bit more complex than that(i.e. not related to termination or drive selection), that's why I was hoping someone could steer me in the direction of a schematic.
patscc

I think I've got the one. Is U20 a 3470 and is U8 the drive select/MUX jumper block? I can't really make out much from your photo other than the 1W 300 ohm resistors (R66 and R67 perchance?).

Chuck(G) said...have you checked the O&A?
Still don't have one, unfortunately.
Chuck(G) also said...Is U20 a 3470
Unfortunately they weren't kind enough to number the parts. In the bottom left quadrant of the PCB top picture, there's a 3470 to the right of two TO-5 cans, and above two maroon foil caps.

This would make a great gameshow.

patscc

Back