• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-IDE rev 4B Prototypes Are In!

glitch

Veteran Member

Just a slight revision, doesn't warrant a major version bump. Biggest change is increasing the hole diameter for the option jumper headers. They're no longer press-fit, but a free fit like the 40-pin header. PCBcart apparently can't hold tolerances on the holes like they used to, and the last run of rev 4A boards were so tight that jumper headers often couldn't be forced in.

We'll be bringing a bunch of kits to VCF East in April for the kit-building workshop! Hoping to keep the kit price at $40, but a lot of parts have gotten more expensive since the last run :/

Oh, and we're running them in green this time. Blue was originally chosen because, back then, the board houses we were using had a blue that was closer to teal and provided superior trace contrast to their green. Now, the blues have all gotten darker, and green is the clear winner. I double checked with Amy to make sure it wasn't just my perception :p

Cool, Nice to see the "Original's" available again, Just curious why 'prototype'

Keep up the good work.

One suggestion: I do not like the placement of the 'Product Details'. Pls sift it to the right (towards the metal bracket)

Cool, Nice to see the "Original's" available again, Just curious why 'prototype'
You never order 100x boards with selective hard gold plating without a prototype!

Excellent work as always.
Thanks!

Keep up the good work.
Thanks!

One suggestion: I do not like the placement of the 'Product Details'. Pls sift it to the right (towards the metal bracket)
It is where it is because then the silkscreen isn't broken by any vias, so it's going to stay there.

Oh, and we're running them in green this time. Blue was originally chosen because, back then, the board houses we were using had a blue that was closer to teal and provided superior trace contrast to their green. Now, the blues have all gotten darker, and green is the clear winner.
Not red?
Red cards run faster. :)

I was going to suggest oxygen-free traces, but the last thing we want is for the media to declare that, "traces of performance enhancement have been detected."

RGB cards run fastest :p
I asked him about ringing both sides of the board with high-intensity multi-color LED's that cycle constantly but glitch said that would impose a problem with reliable power delivery, rather than a practical issue.

Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but why there's no update of the repo with version 4a and 4b gerbers? Those are not open?
Best!

Back