• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Xybernaut wearable

tularem

I have an old Xybernaut wearable computer. I belive it was the first made by the company. I know next to nothing about the thing but I was told that some people on this site may be interested in it. I'll submit some pictures if you guys are interested in or know anything about these.

-Matt

Taking pictures

Taking pictures

I'm taking pictures as we speak. I am looking to sell/trade it. I'm in the market for a decent laptop.. Pictures are coming up in a few minutes

Micom 2000 said:
Was this the one CBC did the special on, with video, and are you at U of Toronto ? Please do submit videos ! Cool stuff.

Lawrence

Would you happen to have a link to the video?

I'll take a video of it booting...
I'll apologize ahead of time though, I'm using a camera phone for the pictures and video so the quality isn't the best.

I'm not at U of Toronto... I'm from Virginia ;)

Quick specs:
133Mhz
32MB Ram
2GB HDD
7" Diag Touch Screen Monitor (Can't find drivers after OS Reinstall)

Boot Video: http://www.jsd.totalfannetwork.com//xybernaut/boot.3g2 (Quicktime)

full.jpg

osboot.jpg

desktop.jpg

keyscreen.jpg

rear.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I don't know about the rest of y'all, but to me that thing is just cool!

I went to a local used computer shop and they said I could get about $500 for it.. So, I would say something around that.. but, then again I don't know how much it's REALLY worth..

tularem said:
I went to a local used computer shop and they said I could get about $500 for it.. So, I would say something around that.. but, then again I don't know how much it's REALLY worth..

I believe they steered you wrong. Tha actual value (based on recent eBay sales) is more like about half that (or less). I mean, wearables are way kewl, but that's a leeetle high, even for a Xybernaut. (I'd like it better if it had the little eyeball display/headgear thinggy).

--T

Back