• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

YD-580 XT floppy drive

ST251

Experienced Member
Does anyone have one they might be willing to sell? I bought a double height drive for my XT but apparently my machine may have been configured for two of those YD-580s. Mine only came with one.

Okay, just an update. I'll take any black bezeled, 5.25" 360K floppy drive. That hole in the case needs to be filled with something.

Okay, just an update. I'll take any black bezeled, 5.25" 360K floppy drive. That hole in the case needs to be filled with something.
Or... if you have access to a 3D printer... you can cover that hole, otherwise you'll be backed into spending around $80 for that 360k drive on Ebay - and of course, they are all "untested" right? :)

Or... if you have access to a 3D printer... you can cover that hole, otherwise you'll be backed into spending around $80 for that 360k drive on Ebay - and of course, they are all "untested" right? :)

You can still get hard drive bezels pretty cheap.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, but what it is is that I want to restore my XT to the dual half height configuration it came in. I'm assuming that's what it is because it came with the IBM brackets to hold two floppy drives together and it came missing a drive

Back