• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Yellow :)

fxg

Experienced Member
Hello everyone,

I'm from Romania and I'm an trying to be a collector :D

Trouble is, you can't find really good stuff in Romania and, IF you find something, it's usually overpriced and doesn't work. It's tough. eBay and Paypal are not available here, so that's another problem.

Other than that, it's a miserable country.

I've already posted my small, but growing collection; soon I'll add a few pictures, too.

yes welcome fxg. I wouldn't go on about it being miserable. Every place has it's ups and downs. What countries like Romania have that we don't have as much of here in the US is HISTORY. You can't walk down the street in some places w/o catching a glimpse of something ancient. Hell the street itself may be really really old (and that's not a crack)! Can you say Chariot Boulevard?
Sometimes you have to be creative to find what you want. In the 80s at least, it was cheap to travel around, even from country to country. You might want to plan a field trip to some other interesting place. Post ads in newspapers, on the net etc., then haul ass over there! LOL LOL
Good luck.

Well Chris, the country itself is more than beautiful, and I'm pretty sure we have amongst the highest density of beautiful women in the world.

Beafore I got into the IT world [professionally], I was an athlete [swimmer actually] and I got to see most of the world.

It's true: the history in the US doesn't even compare to that of Europe or Asia [no offence]. I mean it's great to see all those landmarks, all the traces of ancient civilisation and such.

But the real problem is with the people. If you come here, you'll find romanians to be open and warm, but that's mostly the surface. When you get to see the mentality behind the appereances, you'll be mortified. It's just plain wrong. And that implicates most of the aspects of a civilised society.

Let me tell you, I was on a world championship tour and got to see a big part of Asia. It's simply amazing; the people, the culture, the traditions. I have a few friends in the Orient that showed me the real life they have. But then... I had to come back home; it was a shock.

We have pretty much all the landscapes possible, from mountains and ice caves, to the seaside; we have everything in between. If you're a tourist, I'll bet you anything that you'll find this country to be simply amazing; just don't try to live and work here. My only real joy about living here is my car, 'cause it takes me around the country to find new things each time.

I currently work for a multinational company that you're all too familiarized with [you'll just have to guess, of course IT related]. Do you know how much I make as a sysadmin working on unix systems? About 15% of what I would get paid in the US for the same job. And gas has the same price as in the US.

Now that I scroll up... Damn, what a rant :D

There are lost of things to be said and you're right: there are ups and downs about this place, but I mostly face the downside...

ummm, I went through what you're talking about where I used to live. I can't tolerate nasty people either. I find people up this way to be more polite (with exceptions), but the place also has it's downside. There are oppurtunities for making money out here, probably why I'm here to begin with. I hate to put such an emphasis on that, but that's what life it like these days.
Yes I think we're getting off track. Consider migrating somewhere else I guess. It does sound like an interesting place to visit.
I haven't checked out the regional sections much yet. I'm interested in hearing more stories from foreign lands. Trouble is getting people to talk sometimes though.

Hello!!! Welcome!! I'm Interested in seeing pictures of your collection. Which kind of computers are you interested in?

Back