• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Yodobashi Formula-1, diskcopy?

Jorg

Veteran Member
Some time ago I aquired this machine:

http://www.gaby.de/eformula.htm
formula.jpg

Until now I did not have the time to 'play' with it...
I've got the CP/M and program disks with it, but would like to make copies of it. Is there an easy way under CP/M to make diskcopies?
I must admit I almost never worked with CP/M.

No...and yes (sometimes). It depends on the vendor. CP/M itself doesn't provide a disk copying command, but most vendors did provide such a utillity with thier distributions. Early Kaypros had a file named 'Copy', but the later, U-ROM models changed the file to one named 'Dutil".
Anyways, if your vendor did not provide a utility, you'll have to use the tools provided by DR: FORMAT.COM, SYSGEN.COM (only if you want a system disk), and PIP.COM. Of course, there's always programs like 22Disk or Uniform which can simplify the coppying process.

--T

Terry Yager said:
If you have the MicroPro WordStar program (who doesn't?), that has a command to copy a disk as well, IIRC.

--T

Ah, yes, that is included. I assume the (system)disks are not 'protected' or something.

Your CP/M disks shouldn't be protected.
I get thinking that the WS copy command mebbe only copies the files, not the system tracks. You might still be stuck with Sysgen for that purpose. If you need further instruction, just holler.

--T

Terry Yager said:
Your CP/M disks shouldn't be protected.
I get thinking that the WS copy command mebbe only copies the files, not the system tracks. You might still be stuck with Sysgen for that purpose. If you need further instruction, just holler.

--T

Terry: thanks :)

I havent booted it yet; altough it is 'portable' (e.g. under 100 lbs) I need to clean up my workbench to make some space :|

Last edited:
Back