• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Your Cars/Trucks/Bikes

There are different ways of evaluating/measuring/expressing horse power. Most manufacturers' specs are only estimates anyway, and they tend to round up or down for various reasons, like tax brackets, emissions levels, etc, and sometimes they just lie outright. As always, YMMV.

--T

Wow, this off topic item sure seemed to generate a lot of response, quickly!

Ok, I've got an 03 Taurus that is one of the best cars I've ever had. Back in the 60's I had muscle cars but now in my retirement I drive a Ford Taurus, (they use these a lot for taxi-cabs :)
To sooth my old muscle car spirit, I keep telling myself that I've still got mag wheels and a fuel injected engine :) It get's great mileage on trips too!

picture.php

My other vehicle is a Schwinn mountain bike that I electrified with a Currie electric motor. This will haul me around on neighborhood trips at better than 15 mph and I don't have to do anything except push the throttle with my thumb.

picture.php

Ive got a Nissan Micra. :D Its on a L plate (1993). Maroon in colour. Has just passed the 70000 miles mark. 1.3l 16v CVT auto petrol engine.

No power steering, no electric windows, no aircon. Very basic!

Its in fantastic condition. Only fault is that one of the speakers has died. Cheap to run and repair.

Looks like this one : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:K11-SR.jpg

Last edited:
My daily driver is a plain Jane 2005 Dodge Caravan. My sunny-weekend toy is a 1975 VW Super Beetle Convertible. I got it 8 years ago from the original owner. I recently drove the car from San Antonio, TX to Brunswick, GA to ship it back to the Bug's German homeland while I am assigned here. The car still only has 86,000 Kilometers on it.

My 76 VW.jpg

Bug Show My Car Rt.jpg

That's a very nice Beetle! I used to have a 1975 1303S (Super Beetle) like yours, but a hard-top. I have a 1966 1300 I bought from the original owner 11 years ago :)

My everyday driver is a 1979 Triumph Dolomite Sprint. I had a small accident in October (not my fault) and was hit in the rear, but the repair has escalated into a complete restoration!

P1010410.JPG

Current project is a 1971 Triumph Spitfire IV, which I got for free :D The plan is to get on the road by summertime...

photo-1.jpg

Ooooooo Ahhhhhhhhh

Current project is a 1971 Triumph Spitfire IV

Did a lot of those have under designed firewall? I have clear memories of my feet getting very warm when someone gave me a fairly long ride in one.

Only bug I ever owned was a '79(?) Super Beetle, with EFI. Got it for nothing (a boot on a swap deal), cause the bottom was rotted out. I ordered new floor pans for it, but before I even finished installing 'em, I had so many mad offers for it that I just couldn't keep it. Never did understand the attraction, myself...

--T

Ooooooo Ahhhhhhhhh

Current project is a 1971 Triumph Spitfire IV

Did a lot of those have under designed firewall? I have clear memories of my feet getting very warm when someone gave me a fairly long ride in one.

To be honest, I've never actually driven it so I have no idea!

I did hear the GT-6 (basically a Spitfire Coupe with a 6-cylinder engine) suffers from warm footwells :mrgreen:

Only bug I ever owned was a '79(?) Super Beetle, with EFI. Got it for nothing (a boot on a swap deal), cause the bottom was rotted out. I ordered new floor pans for it, but before I even finished installing 'em, I had so many mad offers for it that I just couldn't keep it. Never did understand the attraction, myself...

--T

They're fun cars to drive, especially with the engine in the back they are great in the snow :mrgreen:

My old 1303 (sold a year back to buy the Dolomite). Bought for £200, spent £2,000 restoring it :eek: and sold for £2,200 :lol:

P1000694%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

Oh, I've driven 'em. I know lots of girls who've had 'em. Bout the only thing I ever found interesting about it was kicking it up to full speed (~45mph), and yanking on the handbrake...especially in the snow.

--T

93 Jeep Grand Cherokee... lots of mods, 400hp 360ci being built

89 Toyota MR2... 4 years worth of work... runs low 12's in the 1/4... shooting for 11's with some tuning :D (actually an older pic of it... all I have on this PC)

Mods on the MR2 up till the last motor. New motor not uploaded yet. http://www.cardomain.com/id/aaron7

DSC02057.jpg

PICT4392.jpg

Wow some nice rides in here!!! I love the little blue Dolomite!!!

I don't have anything interesting at the moment....'95 Grand Marquis on it's last legs and an '89 Jeep Cherokee, seen here:

S4010069.jpg

Usually I have much cooler cars, but all I can afford is blandness right now. You can see the front bumper of my old MGB GT (R.I.P.) in that picture. The Jeep is at least good for blasting around in the snow or at the beach....we have pretty nice beaches, this picture doesn't do them justice :cool:

1401895814_l.jpg

....another dead Jeep in that pic, '90 Cherokee Limited. If I win Mega Millions tonight or get a better job I'm gonna be in the market for either a Fiat 124 or Peugeot 504 very soon!

89 Toyota MR2... 4 years worth of work... runs low 12's in the 1/4... shooting for 11's with some tuning :D (actually an older pic of it... all I have on this PC)

Mods on the MR2 up till the last motor. New motor not uploaded yet. http://www.cardomain.com/id/aaron7

PICT4392.jpg

My first car in high school (back in the mid 90's) was an 85.5 MR2... :-D

And somewhere down the road I also owned a '91 MR2 Turbo... One of my ex girlfriend's managed to hydroplane it on the 520 bridge between Bellevue and Seattle, hitting the walls 5 times front and back... :mad:

Anyhow, I've had many vehicles in my lifetime (12+), and I'm only 30... Almost as bad as vintage computers...

But, my garage currently has a 2009 Subaru Legacy spec.B, a 2008 Ford Taurus Limited AWD, a 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L, and my commuter an '89 Probe GT... Oh yea, and a 2007 GSX-R750. :cool:

I just very recently sold a 2005 SV650S full-fairing. :(

got a bad ass Volvo 744 "Interceptor" and an old 1940's bicycle, does that count? :p

I wonder how you manage to afford 3 practically NEW cars Eddie !!! Wish I could :rolleyes:

I'll post pics of my wheels in due course, current one is a K10 Nissan Micra which is about on its last legs unfortunately, gearbox is shot along with front suspension and my partner has wrecked both bumpers, left sidelight and the left rear light :oops:
.. worst of all she insists it's my crap driving which has buggered the gearbox (listening out for saw-mill outside soon when she gets home from her shift) :cursemad::cloudmad:

Micras have great fuel economy and even my old 1 litre K10 has managed over a ton on quite a few occasions. Still does, despite the oil leak. Does up to 60MPG on long runs even with my lead foot, around 40MPG urban. There's about a 3% difference between UK and US gallons by the way so practically the same.

I'm getting a K11 Micra on Saturday (had a test drive today) and trust me, she's not going anywhere near the driver's seat on this one lol.

BG

First of all, I'm also "vwestlife" over on VWvortex, particularly within The Car Lounge, for any of you who may also frequent that locale. :)

My two cars are a 1997 Volkswgen Passat TDI diesel and a 2008 Mazda MAZDA3i Sport... of course, both with a five-speed manual. :biggrin:

HPIM0599.jpg

HPIM0613.jpg

HPIM0678.jpg

HPIM0681.jpg

Here's my 1984 Honda Magna V30...

It had been parked for about ten years when I bought it and took a year to get it back on the road.
Last season, I put about 5000 miles on it.

Kyle, if you don't want that Sabre, I'll take it. :D

IMG_0129.JPG

Andy

Piper Archer II:

• 180HP Four cylinder Lycoming air cooled engine
  • 110 to 120 knot cruise speed (works out to 125 to 140 mph)

One of six that I fly regularly ...

2006_0414_122341.jpg

mbbrutman just won the thread.

this is my car, i've had it for a year and a half and there are 143k miles on it atm. haven't had any problems other than a broken thermostat. $10 and 30 minute replacement. i paid $4200 for it back in 2007, which was slightly over blue book value but it was in practically perfect condition.

meinmustang.jpg

1995 Mustang GT ... 5.0L V8 under the hood of course.

5-speed manual trans. nothing too special about it yet. 3.93 gears in the read-end. it has new exhaust from the cats back to the tailpipes with flowmaster 2-chambers and an X-pipe. k&n drop-in. i also have a nice little Hurst shifter in it.

i like it. fairly quick, doesn't make you vomit upon sight, and sounds cool. :)

i've got some equal length BBK shorty headers in the garage waiting to get installed, i'll get around to it one of these days. if i ever have the money to blow, i plan to do some serious work to it. i'd love at least 350 HP. after the headers, i'd like to go for a cam upgrade and a complete trickflow top-end kit + a tune, and then the Z28s will be sucking on my exhaust. :twisted:

as it is, it has somewhere between 225 and 230 HP and pretty good torque, about 300 ft/lb.

Last edited:
Back