• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Your Favorite Tandy Portable

Your Favorite Tandy Portable

• Total voters
Tandy model 600

Tandy model 600

The model 600 of course.
Who else but RatShack would come out with something in late '85 that uses a 8088 clocked at 3 Mhz and isn't the least bit compatible with the PC.
Also, they decided to broaden the appeal of this gizmo by making it *heavier* than the 10x & 200's.

patscc

It's definitely the 600! Interesting design, poor marketing, almost impossible to expand, over priced...What's not to love?

I'm with you guys on the 600. You can read the disks in an MS-DOS machine by the way. I also think the OS was by Micro$oft.

Definitely a slab. Any clamshell is a bit awkward to actually use on-the-fly, held in one hand, typing with the other. I'm not even sure the 1400 should be on the list, it's more of a luggable in size & weight. And how come the Zoomer ain't on the list?

--T

Definitely a slab. Any clamshell is a bit awkward to actually use on-the-fly, held in one hand, typing with the other. I'm not even sure the 1400 should be on the list, it's more of a luggable in size & weight. And how come the Zoomer ain't on the list?

--T
What's a zoomer?

I don't either, but I'd like one too, as much for historical reasons (Jeff Hawkins) as for kewl-factor. I do have it's bastard step-sibling, the HP OmniGo, which shares the same OS, GEOS, but also incorporates a keyboard. The worst(?) of both worlds.

--T

Back