• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

zenith/heathkit z-100 series software and manuals

jeff0172

Experienced Member
looking to sell this orginal zenith/heath software and manuals 25.00+shipping via media mail for all of it
IMAG1030.jpg

Last edited:
Are these for the Z-100 Series or Z-100 PC Series? It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it appears to say Z-100 PC Series. The Z-100 was Heath/Zenith's original 16-bit computer that had both a 8086 and 8085 and could run 8-bit and 16-bit software, including MS-DOS but was not 100% PC compatible. The Z-100 PC series were 100% PC compatibles and did not run any 8-bit software.

Are these for the Z-100 Series or Z-100 PC Series? It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it appears to say Z-100 PC Series. The Z-100 was Heath/Zenith's original 16-bit computer that had both a 8086 and 8085 and could run 8-bit and 16-bit software, including MS-DOS but was not 100% PC compatible. The Z-100 PC series were 100% PC compatibles and did not run any 8-bit software.

It says z-100 pc series

The only Zenith I have is a Z-120 (original model) - I don't know enough about the general Zenith catalogue to have any idea if the Z-148 used compatible parts. (Was it even S-100, or did they move to ISA when they went PC-compatible?) The only thing I'm really missing is a hard drive/controller.

You were the gentleman that won or bought an H-148 right? How's that project going?

The only Zenith I have is a Z-120 (original model) - I don't know enough about the general Zenith catalogue to have any idea if the Z-148 used compatible parts. (Was it even S-100, or did they move to ISA when they went PC-compatible?) The only thing I'm really missing is a hard drive/controller.

The Z-148 is ISA, 100% PC Compatible.

Back