• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ZIP Technology ZIP Drive

Drken

Experienced Member
I just received an Apple IIGS with a ZIP Technology ZIP Drive in it. This drive has a Conner CP2044PK hard drive which will not boot (although the drive spins and spins). I've been trying to find information about this device - software, user manual, etc. - and have turned up empty-handed so far. The only reference I could find to this drive was one individual back in 2008 (I believe) posted a message similar to this looking for the same kind of information. Does anyone here have any information they could share?

Thanks in advance!

Ken
www.Apple2Online.com
www.eBluejay.com/store/Apple2OnlineStore

Try modifying your search to "Zip technology" "hard card" (keep the quotation marks), you'll get a few more relevant hits, including this one from 1995. Even then, the card had been out of support for a couple of years.

You should be able to replace the drive with a low-capacity IDE drive, if it's the drive at fault. If it's the WD LSI IC, that falls into the area of "Lots of luck!". :)

Try modifying your search to "Zip technology" "hard card" (keep the quotation marks), you'll get a few more relevant hits, including this one from 1995. Even then, the card had been out of support for a couple of years.

You should be able to replace the drive with a low-capacity IDE drive, if it's the drive at fault. If it's the WD LSI IC, that falls into the area of "Lots of luck!". :)

Thanks, Chuck. That was the thread I was referencing. I'm now thinking maybe I will try a formatted CF card and CF adapter in place of the hard drive and see if that works. A shot in the dark...

Back