• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

TeleDisk: serial Disk transfer application

TeleDisk makes it easy to transfer an entire floppy disk from a classic Mac to a newer computer over an ordinary RS-232 serial connection. The resulting disk image is immediately ready to use in the mini vMac emulator. You can also select individual files to transfer, and optionally have them...
  2. D

SyQuest SQ100 -- 5 MB removable disk cartridge

Wanted: working 5 MB disk cartridge for the SyQuest SQ306R drive. Disk cartridge model number is SQ100. May also be labeled as "Q-PAK." Cartridge color is typically white.
  3. D

Powerwel PW-420 power supply

I have a removable disk drive that is powered by a Powerwel PW-420 power supply, dated around 1988. The supply has a short somewhere that caused a resistor to blow up. The resistor was cracked in half and so badly burned that I can no longer read its bands, and thus I have no idea what value it...
  4. D

Intel 8021 for Mac keyboard M0110

Through the controlled processes of troubleshooting I have determined that the Intel P8021H 2173 chip in my M0110 keyboard has failed. Date code: 8404. Can anyone supply me with a replacement?
  5. D

Tandon TM252 hard disk

Does anyone here have a working Tandon TM 252 hard disk? I have one that's part of a larger hard disk subsystem that's not working. Not sure if the controller is at fault, or the hard disk. My TM252, when connected to the ST-506 interface, rapidly flashes the red LED. It does not appear to seek...
  6. D

Liron UniDisk card clone: we need your Support!

Steve at Big Mess o' Wires is working on a Liron card clone called Yellowstone. He has a working prototype. It works with the UniDisk 3.5" drive. Sadly, he posted about it on Facebook and got NEGATIVE feedback so he's not sure he'll go through with it. That would be too bad! So let's drum up...
  7. D

Browse ShrinkIt archives at Mac GUI Vault with Spyglass

For the first time in history, Apple II files compressed using ShrinkIt can now be browsed online using the Spyglass disk browser at Mac GUI Vault. With Spyglass, Apple II disks can be examined online, the files opened and displayed as ASCII text, BASIC listing, hex, or 65C02 disassembly as...
  8. D

40th Anniversary Reissue of The New Apple II User's Guide

The Apple II computer celebrates its 40th anniversary this summer and to celebrate, The New Apple II User's Guide by David Finnigan is now reissued under new 40th anniversary covers. The New Apple II User's Guide with 40th Anniversary cover is available to order from Amazon.com for $25. This...
  9. D

The Uthernet II is shipping

My Uthernet II arrived yesterday. If you preordered, your Uthernet II will arrive soon too! It works in all models of Apple II, and it has a TCP/IP stack built in to it. Here is the Uthernet II. I am working on a manual for it. That manual didn't come with it.
  10. D

Retro Apple II Photo Contest - win an Uthernet II

First prize donated by A2RetroSystems What do you love most about using an Apple II? Probably that it's an open system, will expand only to the limits of your imagination, and that it's straightforward to understand and program. But be honest: you probably also love the retro feel of the...
  11. D

Announcing the Marina IP stack for Apple II

Because I wanted to learn more about ethernet and TCP/IP networking, and because I was dissatisfied with existing TCP/IP implementations for the Apple, I decided to write my own implementation. It is called Marina. I started on February 1st of this year, taking a Uthernet/CS8900A driver that...
  12. D

Apple II book discounted for the Holidays!

'Tis the season to be jolly, and with the spirit of giving in mind, I have reduced the retail price of my book, The New Apple II User's Guide, to just $20. If you haven't heard about it yet, this book, published in 2012, is totally up-to-date and covers the latest developments in the Apple II...
  13. D

16MB RamWorks III clone on the way

If you really want to max out your Apple IIe, you are in luck. Matt Jenkins is working on a 16 MB and an 8 MB RamWorks III clone that will use static RAM. He already has a prototype. The name is ScramWorks, and it may come with an RGB adapter card too. Read more here Picture of the prototype here
  14. D

Take a look at the new Uthernet II

I received my beta copy of the new Uthernet II card, a 100 Mb/s Ethernet card from A2RetroSystems, yesterday afternoon. I wasted no time in exploring the capabilities of this card. Probably the most exciting aspect of the Uthernet II is that the W5100 includes a built-in TCP/IP stack, which...
  15. D

Easily download from comp.binaries.apple2

The Usenet newsgroup comp.binaries.apple2 contains about 2-3 thousand Apple II programs, but they're tricky to download to an emulator or a real Apple II, owing to the fact that they're all encoded with ASCII armor. Well thanks to Format Converter, technology that will decode all the Apple II...
  16. D

10,000 Apple II screenshots added to Mac GUI Vault

What is this file? That's a good question when it comes to these Apple II files which often have pretty cryptic names, such as "Mmgrdosinst." Earlier this month, file catalogs were added to show the contents of ShrinkIt archives and disk images, but that only helps a little. Having a screenshot...
  17. D

Enhanced File Catalogs for Mac GUI Vault

Today's Mac GUI Vault update brings enhanced file catalogs to over 70% of the 27,000 files currently in the Vault archive; that's almost 19,000 files. These file catalogs are in the search database too, so you can use them to find the programs that you're looking for. Some files, such as BinHex...
  18. D

Newsgroup proposal for comp.sys.mac.vintage

I have posted an RFD proposal to create a new Usenet newsgroup called comp.sys.mac.vintage for discussion of PPC and 68k Macintosh computers. If anyone here still reads Usenet, and would be interested in such a group, please head over to news.groups.proposals and make your comments on the RFD...
  19. D

New Book is a Modern Day User's Guide for the Apple II Computer

Lincoln, IL - Jun. 18, 2012 - Author David Finnigan has written and published a paperback book covering the Apple II computer. Before the Macintosh and iPod, Apple Computer became famous for its easy-to-use personal computer. The New Apple II User's Guide covers everything from setup to...
  20. D

Book Announcement: The New Apple II User's Guide

Lincoln, IL - Apr. 20, 2012 - David Finnigan and Mac GUI Vault announce today the first paperback book exclusively about the Apple II to be published in over a decade. The New Apple II User's Guide, which is to be self-published on Amazon.com as a trade paperback book, includes over 650 pages...
Back