• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection

Starshadow said:
nice collection. What model HP Apollo do you have? I have a 735( its a beast!). Also, try to find a Dreamcast to finish off your Sega selection. They're nice systems and will probably become a collectors item. I use mine to surf the web sometimes.

715/33
712/80
400 series

The Dreamcast is on my list of systems I would like to get hold of yes...

alexkerhead said:
Nomads are getting somewhat hard to find..lol
Best portable system ever made I think.:cool:

I'm actually very dissapointed in the Nomad. The screen has heavy ghosting on moving objects. It's nice in every way except the screen, which is actually a rather critical component...

I'm actually very dissapointed in the Nomad. The screen has heavy ghosting on moving objects.

that seemed to have been a bit hit or miss on the Nomad. I've seen some Nomads with that problem( like the one owned by the local pawn shop owner) and some whose screens rival that of the Turbo Express ( like mine) Could be an issue of different production plants like with the XBOX classic.

bokvamme wrote:

> Let me know when you get an answer :-D

Any number of possibilities seem to arrise.

For instance:

* No Wife

* No Job - unless the computer collection is the job

* Heaps of Time

* Friends, or generally people who dump their computers at
your doorstep.

* The computers are for show - they don't need to be working,
or used for anything in particular.

For all I know - you know people in the Movie industry who are
after computers all the time - a large supply of these
machines & some contacts could put your machines in those
movies - lots of money apparantely for people who contribute
this way for a movie.

CP/M User.

CP/M User said:
* No Wife
True.
This is probably the most important reason for the collection to exist. :)

* No Job - unless the computer collection is the job

False.

* Heaps of Time

False.

* Friends, or generally people who dump their computers at
your doorstep.

No really. That is usually crap like Pentium2 or newer machines.
I've found a lot of computers at my local recycle station though.
Some I buy from ebay and elsewhere.
Most games are bought from ebay.

* The computers are for show - they don't need to be working,
or used for anything in particular.

Some computers have not been tested yet.
I would very much like to get them all working some day.

For all I know - you know people in the Movie industry who are
after computers all the time - a large supply of these
machines & some contacts could put your machines in those
movies - lots of money apparantely for people who contribute
this way for a movie.

Not in Norway :)

bokvamme wrote:

> This is probably the most important reason for the
> collection to exist.

Not really, there are some ladies out there who collect -
funny I would have thought people would have got together on
that basis! Guess the world is too big a place.

> No really. That is usually crap like Pentium2 or
> newer machines.

Which make great DOS or CP/M-86 boxes! :-D

> Some I buy from ebay and elsewhere.
> Most games are bought from ebay.

Ebay seems to be the place to get such a system.

> Some computers have not been tested yet.
> I would very much like to get them all working some
> day.

Sure.

I thought Norwegian's made heaps of films!

CP/M User said:
Maybe domestic, but even as living in the nearest neighbour country, the number of Norwegian movies on the cinemas here is counted on one hand's fingers. The number of Norwegian movies where vintage computers play a major role is counted on one hand where all fingers were amputated.

Of Bo's most recent additions, I was most impressed with a C64GS. They are not very common, and command a good price on the market. At the recent retro gaming convention we held, one GS was up for trade, and I think it sold loose (no box, no cables, no games) for $150.

carlsson said:
Of Bo's most recent additions, I was most impressed with a C64GS. They are not very common, and command a good price on the market. At the recent retro gaming convention we held, one GS was up for trade, and I think it sold loose (no box, no cables, no games) for $150.
I got mine from ebay. Buy it now for £25.
Sadly no power supply, but the seller may find it some day (I doubt it).
Still, it's better than no c64gs :)

carlsson said:
Maybe domestic, but even as living in the nearest neighbour country, the number of Norwegian movies on the cinemas here is counted on one hand's fingers. The number of Norwegian movies where vintage computers play a major role is counted on one hand where all fingers were amputated.
Nice one.... :)
I'm not sure, but I think we make about 20 films a year.
The last 6-7 years they've actually done quite well (in Norway).
There are some new (young) directors doing some nice stuff.
We've had too many year with only 'artistic' movies made.

CP/M User said:
Not really, there are some ladies out there who collect -
funny I would have thought people would have got together on
that basis! Guess the world is too big a place.
The number of such women in Norway is probably less than 1 :)

CP/M User said:
Which make great DOS or CP/M-86 boxes! :-D
Sure, but I've got more than enough of those already.

CP/M User said:
Ebay seems to be the place to get such a system.
yes, as it looks like most norwegians dumped their 80s computers back in the 90s. It's a very small market for such equipment in Norway.

CP/M User said:
Mabye if you take into account the population of Norway.

You got a C64GS for £25 at BIN?!?! Even with the shipping costs, that is quite a find in my book. Regarding power supply, it should work perfectly fine with any C64 power supply; the pinout is identical and I have tried it myself at the swap meet. We had a big lot of cartridges, but only a limited number of them worked in the GS, although they all would be joystick controlled. I don't know if it missing some CIA chips would make some games not functional. On the other hand, C64 games on an Ultimax probably wouldn't work neither, due to different memory configurations?

carlsson said:
You got a C64GS for £25 at BIN?!?! Even with the shipping costs, that is quite a find in my book.

Yes, I was lucky. The seller didn't know much about computers at all and I probably discovered the auction minutes after if was posted.
I of-course hit buy it now immediately :)

Regarding power supply, it should work perfectly fine with any C64 power supply; the pinout is identical and I have tried it myself at the swap meet. We had a big lot of cartridges, but only a limited number of them worked in the GS, although they all would be joystick controlled.
Thanks! I'll try that. As for games, I've got no GS specific carts yet.

Great! Now you only need to come up with some designed underwear, invest in a web shop and you're ready to go!

For reference: in the late 1990's when the IT craze was going high, there was a company in Sweden who managed to obtain a lot of funds, bought huge Sun Enterprise 10000 servers and invested a lot in a web shop to sell clothes, most notably underwear (mens and womens). It barely took off, and the IT bubble broke. Investors saw their invested money evaporate, and the owners fled the field (or even the country). Quite a sad story, but it was the idiom of the day to do everything in big business even before you were on your way. Why get some small web server that you need to upgrade within three months if you have the resources to get the biggest money can buy?

Back