• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

new system -power problems

micmicul

Hi
I just put together my first system and I need help
Asus MB with P4 630 preasembled , PS 600 w but when I powe it up nothing happens, just a high pitch sound comming from the PS. What can be the problem

If this requires a 600 watt power supply, it is either an old midrange machine or a new PC. I moved the thread to the off-topic area, as this is not vintage or anywhere near close.

MB, 2 HDD, 1 DVD WR, 2 case fans, video card and firewire card, card reader
when I turn the power one from the PS swich button the high pitch sound starts and when I turn it off it goes off slowly,
I tryed to connect just one case fan to PS see if it works but I got nothing
shouldn't it work?

Try disconnecting everything except for the MB & of course the power button to the MB. If it works, then you know the problem isn't your PSU. Now, connect something else to your PSU, & try powering up again, & so on until it stops working. If/when it stops working, then the last device you installed is the problem.

I had the same problem last week! Turns out when my last PSU died (there was smoke), it took my Hard-Drive's PCB with it!

I bought a new PS still nothing
I'm out of options.
Tryed like you adviced no outcome

Make sure your MB isn't in contact w/ the case causing a short; Make sure you used something to raise the MB about 1CM. Most cases &/or MB's usually come w/ little scew-thingies that screw into the holes on the case that rise the MB a little.

It works out of the case? Good! Now all you have to do is find the MB-Rising-thingies that most likely came with your case or Mobo or both! (most likely the short(s) didn't damage anything, hopefully...)

Back