• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

This is gonna sound really stupid....

Vlad

But my boss said if I found one, he would try to work out a way to get it. Anyone know where I/we could get a smaller VAX or some kind of smallish MainFrame style machine? Why? For fun mostly. Hopefully something that is NOT 480 3 Phase. More or less the smaller sized VAXes or something simmiler. Anyone have something like this or know where I might aquire something like that? I wouldn't know where to begin looking for something like that.

-VK

MicroVax series would work just fine.

Subscribe to the mailing list at ClassicCmp.org .. there are a lot of Vaxen types that will help you narrow down what to get.

Heck, I want a VAX too! If only because having something that noisy and big in the dorm room would really annoy both my roommates... But seriously, it would be really fun to play around with one of those things. Anybody who has a VAX or other big mainframes/minicomputers in Rochester, NY or Hood River, OR should tell me, so I can go over and bug you until you let me play with it.

The Cray I use is located in Germany, I want something a little closer to home to play with. And my boss quite possibly might have the thing shipped from afar. If I can only find a MicroVax for sale now.....

Is this what they look like?

2c_1.JPG

Simmiler to that yeah. I guess MicroVax machines were somewhere around the size of those little fridges you can get. I don't know what that's a picture of, but it looks cool....

-VK

Vlad, I think I have an account at the same cray as you. cray-cyber.org?
Peace

digi

Back