• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

P3 small case

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Speed irrelevant, really. Need something that has a 5.25" front plate that I can drop a 360K floppy into, even if it means yanking the CDROM.

MUST have at least 1, preferrably 2 ISA slots. RAM not important, HD not important.

Ideally, it'll be like an older Compaq DeskPro, with all the crap integrated, ie, video, LAN, 1USB, kb, mouse,serial,parallel, sound, etc..

Will be running DOS, so anything down to even 450mhz is fine.

MUST be as small as possible, like the later Compaq Deskpros - no towers, minitowers - got no space for it.

lemme know what ya got, and how much ya want!

Tony

I have a completely empty gateway micro case (about the size of a large 3 ring binder) $10 + ship if you have a matx PSU and mobo to go with it.

Cheers
Ryan

Small case P3?

Small case P3?

Did you ever find someone who could help you out with the search for a PC? I may have something here in a desktop form factor that could come close to meeting your needs, and I'm not looking to make a significant profit. Perhaps you'd be able to just pay me back for shipping plus $10 or something.

Let me know, and I'll inventory what I have for you.

Thanks,
Brendan

I found some here at work they were "dispoing" of.

Compaq Deskpro EN (ENS/866) 866MHz P3's, 256M RAM, no HD (Sarbanes-Oxley)

What I need now, is a really small from-factor, slow-@ss pentium 1, say 200-233Mhz. Like an Acer whatever-ya-call-it they had a few years ago. White plastic case, slide a lever on both sides and it cracks open.

I need as small as possible!

Thanks!
Tony

I have 2 old Point of Sale machines that were socket 7. Sadly ones dead and the other caught on fire. (Seriously, I blew it out like a candle) Anyway the cases to them are very small, the only problem is the powersupply is some kind of special job I've never seen before. I dunno what form factor these things are but if you want them, your welcome to them. I can take pics of them if you want.

-VK

Have you thought about Mini-ITX? The motherboards are somewhere around 6.5 inch squares. Can't get much smaller than that.

-VK

And if 17x17 cm (6.7") isn't small enough, and you're willing to spend quite a bit of money on a brand new machine, you can go for Nano-ITX. Those boards are 12x12 cm (4.7"). Some models come with all connectors on leads, so you can wire the in/outputs whereever you want them. Of course you don't get ISA, so it is totally irrelevant for Sharkonwheels.

Possible candidates?

Possible candidates?

Not sure if these are small enough, but I have the following:

Gateway 2000 Pentium 75MHz 17"x17"x6.5"

Compaq 3511V5 (ProLinea 5150? Pentium 133MHz? 150MHz?) 16"x18"x6"

Dell Optiplex Gs+ 5200L Pentium 200MHz 17"x16"x4.5"

Not all of these have drives in them (although may have open bays - not sure if I have cover plates), but that can easily be remedied. The Dell and Compaq, at least, have integrated VGA. The Dell also has an integrated network adapter. Each has some RAM, but how much, I'm not sure. Let me know what you're looking for/target application/OS, etc. If one of these interests you, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Brendan

Back