• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM Technical Reference Manuals

Great Hierophant

Veteran Member
I have been able to find the IBM PCjr.'s technical reference, but I have had no luck with the IBM PC, IBM PC/XT or the IBM PC AT Technical Reference manuals, or the Options and Adapters Technical Reference. All these books are extremely important and should be made available like the PS/2 Technical Reference materials, which are online. Anyone care to scan them or have they already been scanned? If so, where can we find them?

These are readily available on eBay. There is an IBM PC Technical Reference available right now in Australia for 2 cents, $25 shipping to US. If you wait a little bit there will be one in your area - they are not rare.

Who has the PS/2 Technical References online? Do they have permission from the copyright holder? I have no objection with people sharing information. But it's always good to ask first. I suspect that permission was not obtained.

It's generous of people to post, but if I were to post anything like that I would ask for permission from the copyright holder.

Snippets of a book are acceptable under 'fair use'. Posting entire books is not.

That being said, IBM probably doesn't care. They have other problems to deal with today.

IBM makes it available in the way that they choose, on their web sites.

Somebody scanning and making it available without permission is what I'm talking about. It is so easy to ask permission, why not just do so?

This is off topic for this thread, so let's just call it a difference of opinion and be done with it.

Back