• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Motherboard Help

bbcmicro

Veteran Member
I need a replacement motherboard for my PC.

I have a dead motherboard (Gigabyte GA-8I915PDM) Which I can't find a replacement for anywhere on the interent. This is a pain in the bum as I want to keep my OEM geniune copy of XP which was preloaded with drivers, etc. and in true annoying fashion, the original PC supplier did not give me and install CD)

So, I need a Pentium 4 LGA 775 motherboard with SATA interface, and support for my existing memory (2 sticks of DDR2 512mb)

How much should I pay for one, and do any of you have links to particular products/suppliers (UK)?

Thanks.

//edit
I get no results for Gigabyte GA-8I915PDM but I get a few for Gigabyte GA-8I915PDG...looking into this now.

Sorry for the quickfire posts, buy this is the only supplier of the similar motherboard I could find in the UK.

http://www.techstore.co.uk/detail.php?prodLineID=85338

What do you think? I would like your opinions :)

My Grandparents put some money in my bank account a while ago specifically to repair my PC about 6 months ago, when it had all; my GSCE work on it. At the time I thought I could repair it quickly, but I didn't. Since which I have done all the work again. I think it should cover the cost.

478 is the second generation Pentium 4 socket. Those sold today typically use the socket 775, as you initially posted. It suggests your PC is rather new, but no warranties remain and no replacement motherboards available?

Back