• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tatung Einstein Software?

Jangles0106

Hello!

I'm hoping that somebody can help me. I'm looking for Tatung Einstein software, specifically games. Does anybody have anything at all? I run a website which is in my signature dedicated to this machine. I am looking for any software to add to my growing collection.

Any help greatly appreciated!

:D

I have a friend who recently bought some Tatung Einstein games software from a reseller (company) somewhere in the UK. When the floppies arrived, it turned out to be pirate copies, charged as if they were originals, and one of the disks contained the wrong game even. Fortunately they let him return the package and have the money back. It is not much help to you, but serves as a warning if you come across a website that sells software. I found it utterly rude, since were talking software at least in the range of £10-15 each (US$20-30).

Hi Carlsson, appreciate your quick response. I think I may know your friend from the internet, is it Dasse? He's a decent guy and I've emailed him a few times.

I think I know of the reseller you are talking of. In the 80's all rights to the Tatung Einstein software were given to B+H Computers (Blagborough and Hepplethwaite) who also operated under the name of Merlin Software. About three years ago, to my surprise, I found out that the company were still trading and I telephoned John Blagborough direct, who advised he still had most of the Einstein software but a lot of it didn't have original packaging.

He advised he had the original masters and any software I ordered would be put onto blank disks.

It's not piracy as such as he still owns the exclusive rights to the Tatung Software (if it's the same company we are thinking of) but I found he is very slow to take any orders, and I remember Dasse had to make loads of emails to the guy just to get things moving. Not good.

I'm really looking for original software in its original packaging which is why I don't go to this company.

As before my best bet is probably Ebay, that is where I have gathered a lot of additional software.

Yup. Perhaps they're not entirely clear with their customers how the software is delivered. Anyone who is a die-hard collector (like Dasse, who doesn't even own a Tatung computer yet) will get mightly disappointed if the product does not match your expectations. If it was me who had the exclusive rights, I would spend a little money to make labels and print new, full colour covers - as far as possible - to make the software appear like a re-print rather than plain copies.

Couldn't agree more. I remember Dasse was after Jet Set Willy for Einstein. The guy at this company doesn't seem to be that interested in helping his customers, and he should have made it clear to Dasse that he wasn't getting original box art, which I know he was wanting.

A pity really.

Back