• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF East 4.0 update -- Commodore Pet 30th bday party w/ Chuck Peddle

EvanK

VCFed Founder
Hi all,

Today, Sellam and I confirmed Chuck Peddle as the keynote speaker for VCF East 4.0. There will be other notable early Commodore computer people as well. Just as VCF 9.0 celebrated the 30th anniversary of Apple, at East 4.0 we'll do Commodore!

The show is Saturday, June 9 (here in NJ at the InfoAge Science Center; www.infoage.org) starting at 9:30am. The Commodore panel will be from 10:30-12 followed by Chuck et al signing autographs.

We still might expand the show to Sunday, June 10 as well. To be determined.

Of course there will be plenty of other cool things and people beside Peddle. For example, we found a guy who worked closely with John Mauchly, and he might be a speaker for us. Talk about being one degree removed from history!

Posted here in the "general" vs. Commodore or east sections for the exposure. :)

- Evan

Way to go Evan. I just wanted to let people know that the VCF east show last year was a great event. Not only did I get to meet David Ahl in person and personally speak with him solo for over 5 minutes but the whole event last year was first class.

For those who have never been to a VCF event, it really brings everybody together to talk about our passion, vintage computing. The people are great, the equipment is better, and it is a fun time for the whole family.

Getting Chuck Peddle to come to the show just proves that the East coast show is once again on the cutting edge and just as good as the west coast shows. Keep up the good work Evan and I hope to work it out so that I can make the show again.

Cheers,

Vince

Update -- VCF East 4.0 will be TWO days instead one this year

Update -- VCF East 4.0 will be TWO days instead one this year

We decided to make the event June 9-10, instead of only June 9. Also, in addition to Chuck Peddle, the special 30th bday panel for Commodore's computer division will include Bil Herd, Bob Russell, and Dave Haynie.

Event sponsored by MARCH (www.midatlanticretro.org) at the InfoAge Science Center (www.infoage.org) in Wall, N.J.

- Evan

Back