• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM 5150 resurrection

Well it looks like you found the original IBM floppy controller! What is the card at the top-right of the photo?

That floppy cable won't work as it has a pin style connector instead of a card-edge style. You'll need one with card-edge at all three points. My second 5150 is missing one of these cables too.

Is that a Seagate ST225?

Well it looks like you found the original IBM floppy controller! What is the card at the top-right of the photo?

That floppy cable won't work as it has a pin style connector instead of a card-edge style. You'll need one with card-edge at all three points. My second 5150 is missing one of these cables too.

Is that a Seagate ST225?

The card is a.... multi-I/O controller? Looks to have a parralel port and game port on back of the card and has PIN connectors, a 34 & 2x 26. It has the following designations on it: KM-516E. Kouwell, KW007398.

The hard drive is a... NEC of some variety.. it has the following designations on it. D5126, P/N 134-200450-002 DATE 1986.01, NEC LR 56913

The graphics card you have is a mono one, yes? Most aftermarket ones like that I have seen are Hercules compatible. Find HGCIBM.COM and run it ( HGCIBM /E ) and see if the CGA emulation mode runs.

The graphics card you have is a mono one, yes? Most aftermarket ones like that I have seen are Hercules compatible. Find HGCIBM.COM and run it ( HGCIBM /E ) and see if the CGA emulation mode runs.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

I am looking for an NEC LR 56913 hard drive. Is this one available? Know of any others? Hope so.

Les

Back