• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Computer Musuem in Brantford Ont - Visiting Hours

wop

At the risk of being a little Spammy... I thought I'd share the visiting hours of the PC Museum in Brantford here. Some of you fellow Canadians might be just close enough to drop in for a visit during one of the time's the museum is open.

Also if you live close by and want to be more involved, consider being a volunteer and helping out when you can.

*snip*
Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Parents Without Partners & TPUG Special Event Day

Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Computer & CGCC.CA Video Game Swap Meet

Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Back to School!

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
It's a Computer Christmas
*snip*

Admission is always free (donations welcome!)

I didn't know that people in Brantford knew how to use computers. Sorry, I couldn't resist...I have some redneck relatives in Brantford. It looks like a pretty nice museum though.

Very nice. The best part is you have a lot of them up and running for people to actually interact with. That's the awesome part :eek:)

Looking through your webcam it' sa very good setup.. can't quite tell the size but I do like it a lot although since I'm sitting here in Texas I probably won't end up around there anytime soon ;o)

Makes me think about getting back to my garage musuem setup.. need to get that complete at some point.

Anyone else from the forums heading there tomorrow?

Hey pwr411 it was great to see you at the museum today. I think your long trip just to come and see us will go down in the museum history books for sure. I'm glad you guys had a great time.

Now if we could just somehow move your hometown closer to Brantford we'd be all set!

Very nice. The best part is you have a lot of them up and running for people to actually interact with. That's the awesome part :eek:)

Looking through your webcam it' sa very good setup.. can't quite tell the size but I do like it a lot although since I'm sitting here in Texas I probably won't end up around there anytime soon ;o)

Makes me think about getting back to my garage musuem setup.. need to get that complete at some point.

Texas would be a long ride for sure barythrin! What you see in the webcam is almost all of the interactive area. There's more machines off to the right that don't make it into the camera view, and there is a second floor that has a library of old computer related magazines, a projection theater and some other machines that are just on display but not interactive.

More than the machines though, it's just great to get together with other nerds and chat about days gone by. The place sort of has a modern day barbershop feel to it.

If you ever get the garage going and on display, maybe we can have a North meets South sort of thing! LOL

The museum was great! Food was great, and an awesome setup! Loved the down to earth attitude of everyone. I felt like I was visiting family. My friend enjoyed it too- even though not a collector. It was well worth the trip and I hope I can bring my family next time.:D I'll also send you an email soon. Looking forward to Gaming Night as well, so I hope I can get that weekend off. Again thanks for all the info and take care!

I just visited the museum on Saturday and it was definitely worth the trip! There were a lot less working computers than I expected and some of the computers and displays were in bad shape, but there was still plenty to see. The garage sale was great! I went home with 3 computers and loads of rare manuals and magazines - at VERY reasonable prices.

Surprisingly, the computer I was most impressed with was the Kaypro II. I loved the crisp green-screen (with "persistent phosphors") and quality keyboard. Now I must have one.

I also finally got to test a "clicky" IBM keyboard and it is a great keyboard.

Thanks Syd! (wop)

Back