• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Dos 1.1

mikey99

Veteran Member
I have an IBM DOS 1.1 manual in great shape all complete except
for the diskette(s). I know I'll never find any original diskettes for this,
but thought it would be nice to at least have a copy in there. Haven't
found it anywhere for downloading.....

I posted what you'll need to create an IBM MS DOS 1 boot disk on my web site, but it's missing most of the other DOS files like debug.com, etc.

How to make a DOS 1.1 boot disk for an IBM PC with 360 K 5 1/4" drive:
1) download all files including the util directory:
http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ibm/dos/1-1/
http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ibm/dos/1-1/UTIL/

2) move the files (somehow) onto a blank, formatted, but NOT bootable 360K 5 1/4" disk.

3) run command chkdsk /v to verify that you have no files on the disk

4) copy the files to the 360 disk

5) assuming the disk is in drive A and you copied attr.com to a dir on the diskette called "util", enter the following command:

util/attr -S -H ibm*.com [enter]

6) with the disk in the drive, reboot.

7) at the prompt, enter the "ver" command to verify that you have DOS 1.1. If this command is not available, reboot with a newer DOS disk and try again, or run the command chkdsk /v to verify that you have the hidden system files on the disk

NOTE: I booted source the disk about a year ago, I assume it still works! Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for posting that ! I downloaded the files, will attempt
to make a diskette this weekend. :)

I posted what you'll need to create an IBM MS DOS 1 boot disk on my web site, but it's missing most of the other DOS files like debug.com, etc.

Back