• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Suppliers for S-100 edge connectors available ?

Ragooman

Experienced Member
Would anyone know of a supplier for the S-100 edge connectors ?
I haven't had any luck yet in locating these, I hope someone here might know.
I like to make an card extender for my Altair 680.
I built this as a kit way back but never upgraded it.

thanks,
Dan

I have another post thread about a supplier of S-100 parts and they had bus extender cards available for a reasonable price.

What would be better is if someone knows a vendor online like this but preferrably in the US to reduce shipping costs:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=145147

Also, I think my local surplus dealer has them available as well. If you are making/fixing a extender board, you'll want the wirewrap pins version right? I know they are soldered anyway but need the extra length for physical support.

Let me know if you want I should try to find one for you.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

PS part number 346-100-526-802

Last edited:
I'll sell them $5 cheaper than the UK supplier.

Brand new, the EXACT same part number that MITS used. I special order them 40 at a time from the factory.

:cool:

I'd be willing to sell you a prototype Altair 680 extender PCB too. Probably charge $25 or something for it. It will need the card edge cut out. I'd do $100 for 4 connectors and the PCB. USPS Priority shipping would be $4 or something close.

This is the Altair 8800 extender card with the Sullins connectors that I stock:

061119-MB_Parts_1760.jpg

Grant,

I haven't used the extender board on my 680 yet. From what I read in my docs, the extender board is double sided with goldfingers, right ?
The one in the pic seems to be single sided.

=Dan

Hmmm, clarification seems warranted... pictured is an expander board.. extending the bus length.
Kinda ambiguous with an extender card, which puts the card under test above the rack for access.

Check Mullen TB-1 or 2 or 4.
Note: standard pcb tail connectors are NOT suitable for extender use (no pin strength)
The ones I've seen use a wire wrap tail connector (Big $$ today)
Not to say you Can't, but it's not trivial... <<<)))

Back