• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro IV (4 '83) CP/M Boot Disk?

bdallas

Hello,

I have a Kaypro IV, that I had been looking for software for a while for, and found a boot disk from Dynacomp- It booted the computer once- the second time on- "I cannot read this disk"- the disk I got from Dynacomp was a copy-
apparently others have had problems with their disks.

I would be willing to pay for a copy of the CP/M Master Disk for a Kaypro IV, plus shipping, of course.

Thank You,

Benjamin Dallas
purplevolvo@gmail.com

You don't have access to an x86 with a 5.25" floppy drive?
Kaypro disks are available from classiccmp.org/dunfield, or something like that.

Also retroarchive.org has them as well, I believe.

try visiting a thrift shop or two, and get an x86 computer with a 5.25" floppy disk in it, should run about $10-20! This will give you access to image out other disks as well, such as dbase, wordstar, etc...

Tony

Actually, It's just I was looking for a simple solution. I have a (semi) modern PC with a 5.25" drive (360k) just for this kind of thing, but most of my 360k media has gone bad, in addition to the fact that the programs to write the disks (Teledisk, 22disk- need pure DOS) and my pc is running Win NT, so I'd have to reformat my HD- its in NTFS- I was jsut hoping someone might be willing to make this fairly simple.

Thanks,

Benjamin Dallas

Okay- I've got a real 360k machine I borrowed(Compaq Portable II)
I can write disks using Teledisk- but heres my problem now. My Kaypro is the IV/83 NOT the 4/84(Common) So , I've found a disk for every ROM but mine-:mad:

Could someone PLEASE email me a TD0 or IMD for Rom 81-232-A?

I would really appreciate it.

Ben Dallas
purplevolvo@gmail.com

look for the Don Maslin archive

look for the Don Maslin archive

There was a guy who maintained a library of all of these CP/M boot disks in TeleDisk format - Don Maslin.

He really helped me out with a boot disk for my Kaypro IIx.

Unfortunately, he died a year or two ago. There was a lot of discussion about what would happen to the archive. There was some fear that it might get tossed if family members didn't know what to do with it.

I'm sure someone has stepped in there, so you might try to search for Don Maslin, CP/M archive, etc.

Hello,

Actually, Ive tried that image- but it is for a system with the 81-292-a rom.
Mine has 81-232-A, but a very kind person emailed my the Master Disk, for my rom (Actally from a Kaypro 2- as the late ones had IV motherboards installed).

Thank You For All Your Help!!.

Regards,

Benjamin Dallas
purplevolvo@gmail.com

Back