• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: 1.2MB floppy drive for IBM AT

dongfeng

Veteran Member
As the title! In the past, a previous owner of my AT replaced the 1.2MB drive with a 3.5" one, but left the original (optional) IBM 360kB drive in place. I have replaced it with a later 1.2MB 5.25" drive which works fine... but doesn't really look very good.

Does anyone have a matching drive up for grabs?

5170_drives.JPG

If anyone does have an AT they are parting out, I am also missing the metal 'bar' that goes in front of the hard drive. You can see the bar in one of Erik's photos:

ibmpcatint.jpg

Unfortunatly I have a couple ATs too and am keeping my origional style drives... but I have quite a few Teac and a few Panasonic drives that would at least be the correct collor. I've been know to use Teac dual floppies and a tape drive or CD ROM in an AT or to too :) Anyway, I know it's not origional, but let me know if you want one (e-mail works best, classicelectronicsguy at yahoo (dot) com)

Back