• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sound Cards Wanted!

chilpillwill

I am in desperate need of a Gravis Ultrasound, as I am collecting different sound cards - it must be working and in reasonable condition preferably with box, manual, floppys and anything else it comes standerd with.

I am also interested in a SoundBlaster AWE-32 with preferably the same specs as above.

PM me or reply directly to this message if you have one of these to sell or know where I can get one!

Perhaps the AWE-32 was sold as an OEM product for PC builders? That is a cheaper packaging that typically lacks box, manuals and drivers.

I have a boxed AWE-32 with all manuals and install disks for Windows 3.11 and Windows 95. It was purchased new as part of my original Pentium 166, so not for sale, but just to show they do exist :)

bought...perhaps

bought...perhaps

I may have found a brilliant sale of an AWE32 perfect cond with box and the millions of floppys containing software!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D ...but alas no luck with a Gravis Ultrasound. You know what i think it is, i think that loads of people have ultrasounds but noone wants to sell them cos they're so excellent! :(

There was a Gravis Ultrasound on ebay recently, I didn't bother with it since I have an Ultrasound Max (with 1MB RAM) and a newer Ultrasound PnP with 8MB RAM.

Keep your eye out on ebay, the original ultrasounds come up now and then and are not that expensive.

-

-

yeah i know! I am so angry at myself for not buying it, at the time i wasnt that bothered but then a couple days later i really wanted one and it had gone (sob)!

Gravis Ultrasound WANTED

Gravis Ultrasound WANTED

I am in desperate need of a gravis ultrasound classic or max. None have turned up on ebay yet so i thought i'd try here again. PLEASE mail me if you happen to stumble upon a sale of one that i already havnt or are willing to sell one to me.

oh yeah, and it may be a while until anyone posts in this thread but that doesnt matter, dont assume i have already gotten one. When i do get one i will post in this thread to say i have one now and a moderator will probably close it

You already have an open thread seeking this item, so why do we have another one?

If you post and nobody has the part, that's too bad - life is tough.

Posting again within the same month is probably not going to change anything. Post again in 6 months or a year, but don't keep starting new threads even if the item topic is slightly different.

I still have my Sound Blaster 32, w/box & manuals & software & 32MB RAM on board. Not looking to part with it though.

I used to have an AdLib with all the trimmings years ago. I gave it away years ago to a friend for his kids though. Would be neat to have, but I'm glad that it was enjoyed.

I have numerous other sound cards (all SB based) that I should chop down.

Joel

I like having/collecting soundcards because they all look different and all sound different. I found out alot about SoundFonts and stuff for use with the AWE32 to produce music and such, I also found out that you can use soundfonts (to emulate old soundcards or synths) on Soundblaster Live!s or Audigys by using Vienna Soundfont software (downloadable from creative website).

On a Live or Audigy, you do not need Vienna, the cards drivers have a mechanism for doing this internally in the hardware.

Back