• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for IIGS RGB cable

mpatoray

Experienced Member
HI,

I am looking for an RGB cable for an IIgs that connects to a Sony KV-1311CR RGB monitor/TV. I have no idea of a part number, Or if someone could provide me with a 34 pin IDC style connector that snaps together and has pins to insirt like a D-Sub connector (saw a drawing in the manual of my KX-2501A, but have never seen one of these in real life).

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,
I made one years ago. Have the pin outs to it somewhere. There was a couple of 1/8 watt resisters that you had to put in line with it. It worked great, just did not look as good. The 50 pin header was the hardest thing to get. You might be able to use an old SCSI cable for the one end.
Redmen Cable should be able to make you one. If they have the pin outs and the resistors. But it would not be cheap figure on $35.00 and up.
Leave me an Email with your Email. Have to get out a few other Apple II things together and out into the mail first.

Take care

The resistors probably are there to lower the voltage from TTL to 1Vpp. I have done that myself (on other systems). You can calculate exactly which resistance you need, but I think somewhere around 200-600 ohm per signal should be fine. I used ~470 ohm to reduce 3.6V to < 1V on my BBC Micro.

Edit: Or maybe not. The page describing how to build a cable says the red, green and blue signals can be connected directly, so they should already be of the right voltage. There is a 270 ohm resistor to generate the signal to select RGB mode in the SCART cable though.

The Sony has a believe a 50 pin header and DB 15 at the other end. Mine does. Still have not found the sheet witht the print out.

Back