• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Windows 1.0

Druid6900

Veteran Member
What, in round numbers, would a mint set of Windows 1.0 diskettes be worth?

I don't actually know if it's the complete package (manual and box) so, an idea of both would be handy.

I know it's difficult to place an exact value on stuff like this, so, just a ball park would be helpful.

TIA

1.04 shipped with the IBM Model 25 Collegiate Kit, not worth as much IMHO as the earlier Windows 1.0x versions that shipped before the PS/2 line came out. Here is a pic I took a few years ago of my model 25 with the Windows 1.04 boot screen. If you have the original Collegiate Kit box (that came with the system), within the box is the Windows 1.04. If you're looking for a cheap copy of Windows 1.04, look for a Model 25 system with original disks (specifically the bundle known as the "Collegiate Kit")

http://www.marchclub.org/inventory/view_one_picture.cfm?picture_jpg=0112_2.jpg

Then again, how many Collegiate Kits are out there? Maybe 1.04 IS worth $200, it's all about who'll pay.

Well, I don't have all the facts yet, it was just someone asking for my assistance through my site (something I get a lot of, along with offers to buy old equipment). He has nothing to install it on, so, I might just have him send me them or search on the diskette part numbers.

Back