• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Latest Acquisition

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings:

I finally tracked down a computer to use for both my old DOS games and to setup my Terminal software on for my BBS which is running on an even older machine.

I am currently frantically looking for my null modem adapter that I have either tossed or have very well hidden from myself so I can run PCPLUS (v 2 for Windows) on my "New" Packard Bell 105 CD which sports DOS 6.2 and WFW 3.11. I have plans to upgrade the hard drive to a SCSI 9 GB partitioned into 2 4.5 GB partitions (IIRC, DOS can only "see" 4 GB) or of course I could do 4,4, and 1 and put the OS in the 1 GB slice -- maybe that is a good idea?

Anyhow, I am looking for Trumpet Winsock and some other Internet apps from the day and hoped that someone here might have an old ISP disk from a local ISP (American) that would contain Winsock and other apps for WFW 3.11, if you do -- I would like a copy of that disk -- especially if it is one from TFSnet here in Kansas City!

Anyhow, hope I can get this APOE up and running!

NOTE: APOE = Antiquated Piece of Equipment, eg Vintage :)

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Mike

hey schotty:

I did find a site to download the 3.0 version, however, for whatever reason -- all their links did not work.

But I do appreciate it.

Mike

Hi Chuckmagee:

Thanks for the link. I went ahead and downloaded that file as well :) I am wondering though is the "a" in the filename meaning this is a registered version? The other file was twsk30d.exe which the "d" means demo IIRC.

Not really a problem either way, I may go ahead and buy the license for $25, that is not a lot for a TCP/IP stack.

Thanks for the link though!

Mike

Back