• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Socket 370 Motherboard Wanted

Druid6900

Veteran Member
Well, after receiving the 3rd socket 370 MOBO "pulled from a working computer" that didn't, I'm going to ask here, to people I trust, to see if anyone has one that they want to sell.

It HAS to have a 133MHz FSB and sufficiently high multipliers (7.5x) so I can use it with my last Intel P-III-1GHz chip and ATA-100 would be nice, but, other than that, I don't care what else it has as long as it works.

I have enough video, network, modem, sound etc. cards to make up for any on-board features it might lack and some PC-133 SDRAM would be helpful, but, I suppose I can get that elsewhere too.

If you have something along this line, PM me with what you're asking for it.

Thanks.

socket 370, are pentium 3's right? I think I have a stack somewhere, lemmie take a look, xD i know two of them arefrom servercomputers, dual processors, but i might havea single one that meets what you want, no prommises tho.

Ok, I appreciate you taking the time to look through them, and, yes, the Socket 370 takes the Celeron and the P-III

i found one, but it had a missing capacitor, i had stole it for a repair, i fixxed a dual processor pentium 3 board i had. I'm sorry but the rest have scortch marks.

I have one that works, only has one issue, the mounting clip on the side broke off, youd have to use Thermal adhesive or devise a mounting system for it.

ITs an Apollo Pro 133A motherboard, supports up to the 1.13 Coppermine, and Celeron up to 1.2 on Coppermine core. Tutalin is not supported.

well get some thermal adhesive from newegg it should work fine, also i used wire to secure the HSF when i last used the board a few months ago, just pulled it tight and used the mounting holes, fixed it fine.

I was eventually able to fix it with some "Gorilla Glue" just to find out that the slot worked fine, but the socket 370 was screwed, so I just used that board for a PII test jig.

Socket 370 mobo

Socket 370 mobo

Just got abt a dozen systems to get rid of; I'll have a look & see what's
in them, but no promises.

Might be in your neck of the woods tomorrow (Monday); if so, and I find
the time to go through the pile, I'll give you a call.

No sign of those keyboard cables yet BTW.

mike

Nah, the board with the bad 370 is being used to test Vintage cards so I can put them on the site.

I need a Socket 370 board because I have a 1 GHz Coppermine P3 kicking around not doing anything and untidiness like that bugs me.

Well, since it's about 4:30 PM, I'm guessing that the front-end loader was busy. :)

Yeah, no sign of the other keyboard connector from Michigan either yet.

Speaking of P3-1GHz's, I recently got a Dell PowerEdge 1400SC for free. P3 1GHz w/ 3 x 9GB + 1 18GB UW160 SCSI drives in the box, and a full set of spare drives. Could be dual CPU if I had the VRM. The only catch was no RAM and it takes ECC Registered PC-133. $10 later on EBay, it's got 256MB (I got 512MB, but one stick turned out bad and it was AS-IS despite claiming to be working).

Not too shabby for $10.

I have a Socket 370 board. It works, however, 1 of the 3 RAM sockets has a broken clip, but it seems to hold a stick.

Also, it's onboard NIC is fried, and it has 3 PCI slots, but has onboard video and AGP 4x. (im 99% sure it's 4X). it's an intel board..

If you want it, let me know.

EDIT: A coppermine CPU has been tested in this system and it works. If you want a model number of the board, let me know and I'll get it. Also, I'll update the BIOS free of charge. (though it's easy, done from right in windows with this board)

EDIT2:
It says Intel D815EFV/D815EPFV
http://blackevilweredragon.spymac.com/mobo.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Evil. Can I call you Evil? LOL

I appreciate the offer and the broken clip part isn't a problem, however, I've seen fried chips start to cascade across the board a number of times and, with my luck trying to get a 370 board, it'd happen 10 minutes after I got it LOL.

Thanks Evil. Can I call you Evil? LOL

I appreciate the offer and the broken clip part isn't a problem, however, I've seen fried chips start to cascade across the board a number of times and, with my luck trying to get a 370 board, it'd happen 10 minutes after I got it LOL.

Well, interesting enough, I got these from my college, these boards all have the same problem, bad onboard NIC (even if enabled in BIOS, it just doesn't show up in device manager), but that's all these ever have, and nothing ever else fails. I gave one of these to my grandmother.

Mainly, I'd sell it cheap because of the problems, just enough for shipping, and small amount for profit.

Up to you though. (btw, I uploaded a picture of the board).

Intel D815EFV/D815EPFV
http://blackevilweredragon.spymac.com/mobo.jpg

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d815efv/sb/cs-013091.htm

Speaking of P3-1GHz's, I recently got a Dell PowerEdge 1400SC for free. P3 1GHz w/ 3 x 9GB + 1 18GB UW160 SCSI drives in the box, and a full set of spare drives. Could be dual CPU if I had the VRM. The only catch was no RAM and it takes ECC Registered PC-133. $10 later on EBay, it's got 256MB (I got 512MB, but one stick turned out bad and it was AS-IS despite claiming to be working).

Not too shabby for $10.

Hmm, seems I'm getting confused on this whole vintage computer thing. I just got a free 1 GHz Celeron based Dell from a woman who wanted rid of it. HD has the 'click-of-death' (which is why she wanted rid of it).

Hmm, seems I'm getting confused on this whole vintage computer thing. I just got a free 1 GHz Celeron based Dell from a woman who wanted rid of it. HD has the 'click-of-death' (which is why she wanted rid of it).
Do you live in Canada? If so, it might be cheaper for him to go your route than mine.

I live in Florida and will be getting my 370 board weighed this monday for pricing, and I have a feeling that shipping it to Canada insured might end up a little too much. (and I know that international shipping is mad slow. took me 2 weeks to get a Sega CD from Canada)

Back