• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DOS 5 1/4" discs.

bbcmicro

Veteran Member
Can anyone post me some DOS startup/boot and install disks for my samsung XT clone? I don't know which version would work best with a standard XT clone. I think it's a 360kb drive. Dong Feng sent me some a while back but a mix up at the post office meant they didn't arrive.

Also wanted are PAL NES and Megadrive/Genesis carts (As always) :)

Dang - haven;t seen those old Samsung boxes in a while.
I remember working at a Samsung distributor here in Miami WAAAAY back when, and we used to sell the Samsung/Novell File servers: 386-A3 and 386-AE I believe. They also made Novell-certified workstations. We sold those things by the TON because they were a Samsung/Novell OEM agreement, and I thing Samsung was the only company Novell OEM'd with in that period. They had another company do them before Samsung, I forget who.

Nice stroll down memory lane....

Tony

whatever & whatever, I've a few commitments, but I'll try to get you a bootable floppy or two by the weekend. The compaq utilities might be suitable for resetting the cmos etc & I have those.
HOWEVER!!! if anyone else can supply, please do so also because I'm not very reliable!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all those who offered. No, it's not like the samsung above. It's a 3000v which I have yet to find another reference to.

Here's a pic of mine (be warned, it's very big)

http://tinyurl.com/39yooh

DongFeng has kindly offered to make me another load of disks and send them again. :)

The hard drive has been replaced but I don't know if it works, as I can't boot with no disks. I can't remember the current drive or controller, it's on a 5 page thread somewhere but I'm going to Manchester city centre in 20 minutes so I must dash!

Back