• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vector Graphic

NobodyIsHere

Veteran Member
Hi,
I am trying to gauge whether there is sufficient interest in the Vector Graphic to support a mailing list. Please PM or email me if you'd be interested in joining.

The mailing list would be a LISTSERV on a university domain (.EDU) *NOT* a Yahoo! Group.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

Bill,
I own a "No Name Computer" which is a Vector Graphic clone machine. It has a ZCB, Flashwriter II, 64K RAM, and FD/HD controller. I am not sure exactly who "NNC" really is but the case appears to be from a re-painted Vector 1.

I also own a Vector Graphic Flashwriter I video board.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch,

PS are you interested in a VG mailing list?

Bill,
I own a "No Name Computer" which is a Vector Graphic clone machine. It has a ZCB, Flashwriter II, 64K RAM, and FD/HD controller. I am not sure exactly who "NNC" really is but the case appears to be from a re-painted Vector 1.

I also own a Vector Graphic Flashwriter I video board.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch,

PS are you interested in a VG mailing list?

Honestly, I don't have one. I was curious what you had to look into it more to see if it would be something I'd be interested in acquiring. I always like it when a community pops up around something obscure.

The first thing you need to know is that it's Vector Graphic (no 's'); now you're a Vector expert ;-)

It was a California company run by a couple of woman entrepreneurs back in the early 80's that made some fairly solid S-100 boxes aimed at small business. Pretty innovative for the time in some ways, but PCs killed 'em like most of the S-100 (and other) companies.

I've got a couple of MZs; dual-floppy 64K Z-80 system running CP/M and MDOS.

Major LOL, oh nooo, someone else is doing the "No s" routine around here too. Yes, I saw that NNC thing on ebay. I was tempted but Andrew got there first. I really hated the repainted case, looks much better with the original Vector white with green stripes.

I can not even keep up with all my own projects. I squeak by with the new Northstar group. So, a "Graphic" group would just be too much. That was my first S100 computer system. A very nice Vector 1. Don't remind me how much those 16K static memory cards cost!!! I got 2 of them home and my mom goes "HOW MUCH for those little things?!!" Sure was easier to get going than the**&&^& Northstars have been. I still haven't managed to get either Horizon to actually boot up. Weeks ago, the Advantage booted properly ONCE, first and last time. I have to put them away for awhile after that so I don't damage the floor while jumping up and down on them.

The first thing you need to know is that it's Vector Graphic (no 's'); now you're a Vector expert ;-)

It was a California company run by a couple of woman entrepreneurs back in the early 80's that made some fairly solid S-100 boxes aimed at small business. Pretty innovative for the time in some ways, but PCs killed 'em like most of the S-100 (and other) companies.

I've got a couple of MZs; dual-floppy 64K Z-80 system running CP/M and MDOS.

So then this is wrong, right?: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=247

That's what I thought we were talking about. I love the guys at Old Computers and have even written some stuff for them, but the accuracy is not always there...

No, it is correct! Vector made a whole series of computers, the Vector 4 being one of them. I would bet the 4 was the end of the line, not positive.

Update:

If anyone is interested in joining the Vector Graphic Mailing List, here are the particulars on how to join, etc.

==============================================================================
To subscribe, send the command "sub vector-graphic", without the quotes, in the BODY of the message, to listserv@h-net.msu.edu.

To post (send a message to all subscribers), address your e-mail to vector-graphic@h-net.msu.edu.

To unsubscribe, send the command "unsub vector-graphic", without the quotes, in the BODY of the message, to listserv@h-net.msu.edu.

For other help, e-mail Dennis Boone <drb@msu.edu>.
==============================================================================

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

I took a quick peak in my Imsai's and I think I have a Vector Graphics card in one of them.

Back