• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I need help finding an old CP/M game.

Lockett

If anyone here's heard of Meltdown, would they tell me where to get it? I'd prefer downloading it from an abandonware site, but I'll take a diskette if there's nothing else.

I need it by Christmas.

Last edited:
Lockett wrote:

If anyone here's heard of Meltdown, would they tell me where to get it? I'd prefer downloading it from an abandonware site, but I'll take a diskette if there's nothing else.

Sorry I'm not familiar with this game, I did some looking around - is this the same Meltdown featuring an astronaut and you have to get down to the reactor to shut it off before it blows up. Is this for a DEC Rainbow or something?

Yes to both. Is this what you found?

It had this game called Meltdown (?) where you were an astronaut and you had to get down through multiple levels to shut off the reactor before the whole place blew up. You also had to refuel and pick up water to cool the reactor with along the way, which was complicated by the different gravity levels. I'd love to play that again...

Any source of commercial CP/M games would be awesome, be it disk copy, ROM or original, so please share if you come across anything. I have so few myself and the few that are available for sale (like on 8" disk) are out of my price range. I don't even have any boxed CP/M games and I have boxed stuff for almost everything...

Lockett wrote:

Yes to both. Is this what you found?

Yes that was, though I've found this since - The SCRAM.ARC file might be of particular interest. According to the Archive it's a MS-DOS Rainbow file. They do have CP/M specifics there though.

Bill_Loguidice wrote:

Any source of commercial CP/M games would be awesome, be it disk copy, ROM or original, so please share if you come across anything. I have so few myself and the few that are available for sale (like on 8" disk) are out of my price range. I don't even have any boxed CP/M games and I have boxed stuff for almost everything...

Wouldn't say it was a Commercial CP/M game, though it's probably Public Domain more than anything. Commercial CP/M games (particularly graphical ones) I've seen are specifically generic, though some graphical adventure games which use GSX are probably the closest thing to that.

Otherwise some Commercial games were made (on the Internet) for the Amstrad PCW line of machines under CP/M, my favourite would have to be Bounder. If you need a PCW perhaps get the Joyce emulator would be your best bet.

Back